First post, 22’ GX! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening,

I’ve been lurking on this forum for a few weeks while I researched what wheel and tire combo I wanted for my 22’ GX. I’ve wanted a GX for some time so I traded in my model 3 for my GX in July of this year and so far I absolutely love it. I plan on keeping the build pretty mild as it’s my daily driver as well. So far I’ve had the front end clear bra’d, I installed the Magnaflow Overland exhaust and today I just installed my Volk TE37xt’s along with a set of 165/70r17 BFG KO2’s.

7AE5C1DC-B751-4EAB-986C-F6C9A24E40AC.jpeg

33224E21-CE61-413F-A6BD-59FDBF5AE8F9.jpeg

88EC69DB-882E-4E57-B84C-59612F484486.jpeg

90A4B5DD-F123-4C71-A6BE-E9A1174E6303.jpeg

3A849198-8823-4F80-959C-41FEC7E34AC4.jpeg

Wheels are 17x8.5 -10 and they fit perfectly flush with the body. Had remove the inner most bolt and I removed the front liner extensions just because the tires got pretty close to them.
7D828574-9A83-4EC5-9579-73184B18C7E1.jpeg

835E7BF1-9254-4016-A96A-BA9209B90333.jpeg

Looks amazing Atomic! I really dig that wheel combo.

Good evening,

I’ve been lurking on this forum for a few weeks while I researched what wheel and tire combo I wanted for my 22’ GX. I’ve wanted a GX for some time so I traded in my model 3 for my GX in July of this year and so far I absolutely love it. I plan on keeping the build pretty mild as it’s my daily driver as well. So far I’ve had the front end clear bra’d, I installed the Magnaflow Overland exhaust and today I just installed my Volk TE37xt’s along with a set of 165/70r17 BFG KO2’s.

View attachment 3091785

View attachment 3091786

View attachment 3091788

View attachment 3091790

View attachment 3091787
Welcome! Rig looks good. What made you trade your model 3 for it?

One question I have is how much drone does that exhaust have?

Welcome! Rig looks good. What made you trade your model 3 for it?

One question I have is how much drone does that exhaust have?
I had a 20’ STI before the 3 but I ended up trading it for the 3 because I was commuting pretty far for work. The 3 was a good commuter but the overall quality wasn’t there. I’m closer to home now so I didn’t need it anymore. The exhaust is pretty drone free and relatively mellow in sound.

I installed the Magnaflow Overland exhaust and today I just installed my Volk TE37xt’s along with a set of 165/70r17 BFG KO2’s.
Maybe a stupid question, but I'm not sure what is "Overland" about an exhaust system? Is it quieter than stock? (Even as quiet as our exhaust is, I still wouldn't mind quieter!)
Why the "Overland" nomenclature?
Just for marketing??
Humm.... :hmm:

Maybe a stupid question, but I'm not sure what is "Overland" about an exhaust system? Is it quieter than stock? (Even as quiet as our exhaust is, I still wouldn't mind quieter!)
Why the "Overland" nomenclature?
Just for marketing??
Humm.... :hmm:
It is definitely louder than stock but it’s not obnoxious. The exhaust is tucked up much closer to the body.

Reactions: r2m
It is definitely louder than stock but it’s not obnoxious. The exhaust is tucked up much closer to the body.
Got it (click, light goes on...)!!!
I can agree with having the exhaust tucked up as high as possible.
I buckled my exhaust on a "gate-keeper" rock garden and it pinched off my exhaust. I had to remove the entire resonator section, just aft of the muffler on the trail to get home. Funny thing, I really didn't notice any difference without the resonator. :hmm:

I had a 20’ STI before the 3 but I ended up trading it for the 3 because I was commuting pretty far for work. The 3 was a good commuter but the overall quality wasn’t there. I’m closer to home now so I didn’t need it anymore. The exhaust is pretty drone free and relatively mellow in sound.
A buddy of mine has a Model 3 performance that I recently spent some time in. The acceleration is hilarious and my qualms with touchscreen-everything aside, the tech is neat. I didn't have the heart to tell him that a lot of the interior materials felt roughly on par with the Fiesta ST I traded for my GX or start an argument about panel gaps.

Also a new proud owner of a 22 here, same silver color, it's a very cool color, sometimes brown, sometimes gold, sometimes grey and then silver :) Right now no mod, hoping to drive it into its 30k miles and start considering.
My goal is 1. mild lift front and back 2. keep diameter of tire the same but 3. decrease offset (get a slightly more protruding wheels, wider stance).
My main concern is the lack of knowledgeable mechanic around my area, I''m in the general New York city area, any shop in Long Island, Westchester, NJ or CT that knows about KDSS and Toyota?

Also a new proud owner of a 22 here, same silver color, it's a very cool color, sometimes brown, sometimes gold, sometimes grey and then silver :) Right now no mod, hoping to drive it into its 30k miles and start considering.
My goal is 1. mild lift front and back 2. keep diameter of tire the same but 3. decrease offset (get a slightly more protruding wheels, wider stance).
My main concern is the lack of knowledgeable mechanic around my area, I''m in the general New York city area, any shop in Long Island, Westchester, NJ or CT that knows about KDSS and Toyota?
If you're getting new wheels, get 265/70/17 or 265/65/18 AT tires while you're at it. You're speedometer will be accurate and your mildly lifted GX with lower offset wheels won't look like it has been skipping leg day.

If you're getting new wheels, get 265/70/17 or 265/65/18 AT tires while you're at it. You're speedometer will be accurate and your mildly lifted GX with lower offset wheels won't look like it has been skipping leg day.
FYI 265/70/17’s on my 460 shows ~1.8mph slower than actual speed. Not a lot but not accurate.

FYI 265/70/17’s on my 460 shows ~1.8mph slower than actual speed. Not a lot but not accurate.
My speedo on the OEM 265/60/18s was off by 5-6ish mph. On 265/70/17s my speedo is accurate within whatever margin of error the gauge needle creates. I'm sure it varies from truck to truck but every GX I test drove had a "fast" speedometer on the OE tires.

OE tires: ~75 on the speedometer would end up between 69-70 on GPS.

265/70/17s: ~75 on the speedometer shows 75 on GPS.

My speedo on the OEM 265/60/18s was off by 5-6ish mph. On 265/70/17s my speedo is accurate within whatever margin of error the gauge needle creates. I'm sure it varies from truck to truck but every GX I test drove had a "fast" speedometer on the OE tires.

OE tires: ~75 on the speedometer would end up between 69-70 on GPS.

265/70/17s: ~75 on the speedometer shows 75 on GPS.

Glad it works for you!

anyone know what's the maker of the stock shocks in 22? Tabico or KYB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom