First post, 22’ GX! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went out of my way to get a pretty similar pic for a before and after the wheels and tires.

A9F7C6AE-F084-431A-9D2B-B32A3883CDC4.jpeg

75C42941-B2E4-49B4-8E65-901E4FAB5F09.jpeg

What a difference a tire can make!

anybody noticed the factory setting of the 22 GX for the "one touch turn signal" is that it only blinks once (or 0)? all of my other cars blink 3 or 5 times, my GX practically doesn't blink, and my dealer tried another in the showroom, the same.

anybody noticed the factory setting of the 22 GX for the "one touch turn signal" is that it only blinks once (or 0)? all of my other cars blink 3 or 5 times, my GX practically doesn't blink, and my dealer tried another in the showroom, the same.
It can be set up to have one touch?!? I was shocked that it doesn’t have “touch to turn”

Look in to the Carista adaptor. I was able to change my 2022 RAV4 Prime from 3 to 5 blinks. So if your vehicle has that programming you can change it. I kinda doubt it does though. It would at least blink 3 times be default as 1 is not a option.

Look in to the Carista adaptor. I was able to change my 2022 RAV4 Prime from 3 to 5 blinks. So if your vehicle has that programming you can change it. I kinda doubt it does though. It would at least blink 3 times be default as 1 is not a option.
I think mine is actulally 0, which is an option. 0,3,5 etc. The reason I call it 1 blink is because if I hold it at the mid position, it'd keep blinking. I.e. the "complete manual, infinitely blinking turn signal feature".

I don't think the '22 GX has a tap/momentary feature on the turn signal.
That would make the GX an even more low tech vehicle of the 21st century....than it already is. Even a 2011 LX has it....i mean, why would Toyota "remove" this feature...

It is reportedly listed as option in Techstream but have never seen any successful in turning option on with 20+

it is shown as option in FSM

info here

It is reportedly listed as option in Techstream but have never seen any successful in turning option on with 20+

it is shown as option in FSM

info here

The Carista device should be able to access this feature if it is shown in techstream.

That would make the GX an even more low tech vehicle of the 21st century....than it already is. Even a 2011 LX has it....i mean, why would Toyota "remove" this feature...

I don't know why they don't have it for the GX either. My other vehicles all have it. When I drive my '22 GX, I just remember to hold it down or toggle it on before I turn or change lanes. It's only a slight annoyance for me when I drive my other cars that I have to remember the turn signals will operate differently. I do wish the GX had it. I don't mind everything else being antiquated or low tech.

Carista for 10-19 models won't do TPMS settings...asked developer about it years ago. No need for '20+ for TPWS since you can self-program sensors with those models. I'd like to see other '20+ owners see if they can get the lane change options to work ...although speculation by CL member it may have been a 2020 only thing for enabling.

The Carista device should be able to access this feature if it is shown in techstream.
I don't know why they don't have it for the GX either. My other vehicles all have it. When I drive my '22 GX, I just remember to hold it down or toggle it on before I turn or change lanes. It's only a slight annoyance for me when I drive my other cars that I have to remember the turn signals will operate differently. I do wish the GX had it. I don't mind everything else being antiquated or low tech.
Yea I don’t mind everything else either, actually
Like the quirks that way. The one touch turn signal is one of those things that makes you feel the deficiency when it’s suddenly gone. By the way, checked with three dealers, they all say it’s not a feature on the GX…

It may be this is option can't be enabled in North American models and potentially only markets elsewhere in Asia and Eurasia.

I'm starting to think this might be a GCC market option.

Remember..there are options in other markets that we don't get in North America

Examples: 2nd set tire switch like GX 470, Traffic Sign identification with the nav unit, etc.

screen_shot_2021_01_30_at_6_54_12_am_e9f8048dc46b47784c4d86079e1e61751da3e99f.png

Last edited:
Fully disclosure: this is a complete OCD case. Ok, it's about the headlamp washer unit. My PPF guy was demonstrating his skill of wrap the protection film around the washer cap area, by pulling on the cap and pull out the spring loaded washer unit. No, he wasn't manhandling it, just a quick demo, but it freaked the !@#" out of me. Now can't stop thinking about how it'd have weakend/twisted the plastic connector...anybody had issue with pulling out the washer from its little tunnel?

Lost my window washers when I had MetalTech bumpers mounted.
Sorry, no help from me.
(I know, you're probably asking yourself, why in the heck did this guy respond if he couldn't offer any help??)
Answer: If you up grade your bumpers, you may loose your window washers anyways, then it'd be moot point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom