First Land Cruiser- Purchased an FJ60. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Bought my first cruiser. A 1983 model, Spring over axle, and 37s. Purchased it from memphis and drove it 8 hours and 477 miles home. Truck is awesome! Little bit of rust but imma add a snomaster fridge, winch and bumpers, and a rooftop tent and I'm DONE! The trip
20191019_210151-01.jpeg
back was crazy but I had no issues.
20191020_164911-01.jpeg
20191019_150405-01.jpeg
20191019_152514-01.jpeg

Your in and you posted pictures. Welcome looks like a fun machine.

What gears does it have? Guessing stock 4 speed and with those tires at that speed and those rpm I’m guessing like 4:88?

Looks a lot @Dlathem El Bandito build.

Nice looking Rootbeer 60 and ready to play... just curious how was the trip back crazy? 🤔
Truck needs an alignment, so I was fighting it most of the way back. Top speed (comfortably) was only around 65. I could hit 70 but it had my RPMs around 3k.. little high for comfort.

Looks a lot @Dlathem El Bandito build.

It is El Bandito lives on!

What gears does it have? Guessing stock 4 speed and with those tires at that speed and those rpm I’m guessing like 4:88?

Was wondering the same thing... @porcupine82 Is your speedo accurate or are you really going 75 in that pic. At 65 mph (which my speedo gauge reads 55 on my speedometer) I'm running at 2400 RPM's.

Was wondering the same thing... @porcupine82 Is your speedo accurate or are you really going 75 in that pic. At 65 mph (which my speedo gauge reads 55 on my speedometer) I'm running at 2400 RPM's.
Speedo is perfectly accurate. Confirmed using the new speedo feature in google maps.

[QUOTE="porqupine82, post: 12663715, imma add a snomaster fridge, winch and bumpers, and a rooftop tent and I'm DONE!
[/QUOTE]
Don’t think it’s that easy... you have a 36 year old Landcruiser. The excitement is great til reality sets in.

This truck has changed hands a few times on this board. looking forward to seeing it get used and at a GSMTR since you're in Tennessee. Put GSMTR 2020 on your calendar for sure.
That thing might get pretty tippy with a Roof top tent. Look into sway bars and good dampers or lowering it a bit

[QUOTE="porqupine82, post: 12663715, imma add a snomaster fridge, winch and bumpers, and a rooftop tent and I'm DONE!
Don’t think it’s that easy... you have a 36 year old Landcruiser. The excitement is great til reality sets in.
[/QUOTE]
Oh I understand completely. Got some set aside for repairs and such. Just modification speaking, its minimal.

This truck has changed hands a few times on this board. looking forward to seeing it get used and at a GSMTR since you're in Tennessee. Put GSMTR 2020 on your calendar for sure.
That thing might get pretty tippy with a Roof top tent. Look into sway bars and good dampers or lowering it a bit

Yeah, I was tinkering with the 60 today and got to thinking about a rtt thinking the same thing. I believe I'll be ground tent sleeping.. gsmtr has always peaked my interest but I've never been

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom