Builds Finally got my own...Meet BeBe (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damn Greg sorry to hear about that!!! It's your own thread here, so bombs away. Feels great to vent. When this drama is all settled down take your beloved BeBe cruising!

Last edited:
First world problems indeed but what sucks is they are all real issues! How much did the HVAC guy get you for? My natural gas fired boiler cost me $700 this season. Guy gave me seven hours of his time, rewired the entire system, and then jiggled the wire on the fume hood. Magically everything worked after he jiggled the wire. Many parts and man hours thrown at the situation and all he really had to do was walk in, jiggle a wire, and leave.

You got this man!

We all have the stuff happen and we all get that when it rains it’s fawking pours!
I decided I’d clean my own propane furnace myself this season. No need to have some tech come here when I could use my own eyes, tape a 1/2” hose to my vacuum and inspect the internals for wear. No prob. Shut the circuit off, pulled the filter which was loaded and vacuumed what I could reach. I then turned the circuit on so I could see how well the igniters were burning and I got nothing. Freaked out. Thought I screwed something up. W/ annoyance called the heating company and they sent a guy out a few hours later. Luckily it was the same guy from last year when I had it serviced.
We get down in my ghastly basement half crawlspace and are both standing in front of the furnace. He pushes the same button I had and holds it and magically got it to start. Apparently it’s a safety switch. Door has to be ON for the furnace to run.
I felt like a total dork but we had a good laugh. Then chatted about a boat motor he’s been trying to make work which has 4 carbs in a row in it! And he only charged me $100.

Home ownership has its ups and downs for sure.

So you don't have kids huh? :hillbilly:
dog sick, maintenance heater, repair tire: that's 5 minutes, now the kids...

So you don't have kids huh? :hillbilly:
dog sick, maintenance heater, repair tire: that's 5 minutes, now the kids...
Seriously. Add a kid or more and all this stuff multiplied by the hundreds but the payoff is a little person a mix of you and your spouse. They are priceless even when sticking their tongue out at you saying ‘wah wah wah, I TOLD you Mama’ just when the things that fall apart are the worst!
But when they sleep... well now, that’s the easy part. Almost 5 and still naps. A blessing!

A924F734-14C3-4118-B833-36CE4AFA6439.jpeg

Last edited:
Ha! I watched my neighbor do that last year. Pretty funny really. I’ve done my share of diy stuff here at my house too. I get your pain.

LOL Thanks all.. Yeah just needed to bitch for bitching sake. Like I said, first world problems. Lucky to make enough to keep a roof over my head, a garage to play in, food on the table for everyone (including the 3 fur babies) and still do fun stuff when I am not overly anal retentive about our finances (or the wife gets me drunk enough :) ).

Don't have the final bill on the heater yet but repair guy had to replace a couple parts that he had to order, got most of it taken care of yesterday and the "chimney sweep" is coming out today to take care of the cleaning of the unit. Once he is done he will call the HVAC guy to come out and tune the furnace one last time. Luckily the furnace is MAYBE 15yrs old at oldest so still in great shape and really is efficient. Sucky thing is that I am usually the one asks lots of questions to learn how to do some things on my own, with BeBe being down this week the wife has had to be the one running back and forth since riding back and forth on my bike really isn't feasible. Anyways, s*** will be fixed and our bank account will be about $1k lighter due to everything for the repair but whatever, its taken care of and the house is warm!

Got a bunch of weather coming in this weekend and into next week so BeBe's new drivers door is gonna have to wait. Plus this weekend is St. Patty's Day! On top of that the salon is helping host the local St. Baldrick's fund raiser, wife is a "stylist", brother is a "shavee", I am a volunteer and may end up going bald as well (wife says No, but all depends on how much money is raised... LOL). Should be a fun event.

Eh it’s just hair. Ask me how I know. ;)
I shave to 1/8” because it’s easier, liberating as heck and in some ways a memorial to my daughter.
Shave it. You’ll feel good that you did. How much more close can you get to understanding children going through the effects of chemo?

Eh it’s just hair. Ask me how I know. ;)
I shave to 1/8” because it’s easier, liberating as heck and in some ways a memorial to my daughter.
Shave it. You’ll feel good that you did. How much more close can you get to understanding children going through the effects of chemo?
Oh yeah been there done that... went through all the for about 15yrs with my mom before she passed. Wife loves my hair and see as she is the stylist and I am just the guinea pig, what she says goes. More than likely I will probably be up on stage with everyone and my brother will be the first to throw in dough towards it. Hell it will make her life easier for a little while as she wont have to cut it for a bit for me.

Finally after almost 2wks of waiting because of the stupid storms I finally got my new tire last night!! BeBe is back up and running right in time for a big rainstorm to come through starting last night and into tomorrow! Now it is just weird having one tire that is brand new and 3 others with 50% tread! LOL

Looks like piggy bank funds are going to now include new wheels and tires within the next couple years. Talking with the guy at discount I picked these up in November of 2014 so they are going on 4yrs old with 50% tread life so figure I will get a couple more years out of them before they need to be replaced. Might as well save up money to replace the rims with something a bit more standard. Oh the fun!

On the carb issue, I was betting the neighbor kid was siphoning your gas!

Had a gas leak on my Toyota Pick-up, that everyone I work with told me I had gas leak for ever.
Turned out the bracket spot welded to the steel fuel filter, one of the spot welds rusted thru the filter and was slowly dripping.
was strong!T

Yeah with BeBe being undriveable for the last almost 2wks I have not had a chance to put any miles on her. Last tank was a reset in my Fuelly app to see what new mileage is, currently at 122ish miles with about 1/8 of a tank left. Still think that I need to pull the contacts for the sender and clean them and check the sender in the tank as this morning when she was warming up it said that I had 1/4 tank, then quickly dropped down to just above the E as I was driving to work, but then has leveled off somewhere between 1/4 and 1/8th. She drives great, pulls nice and strong through all gears and idles well. But there is something else going on that is throwing mileage for a loop.

I do have all new brake pads/shoes and retaining hardware for the brakes so I can see if that is an issue. At this point I really have too many other things to worry about to add this to the list of crap to deal with.

Well with all the weather we have been having lately I haven't had much availability to work on BeBe. Still have the drivers door sitting waiting for me to swap all the internals but I am sending out the scavenged driver's side cylinder to @RAGINGMATT to have him recode it to my cylinders plus cut me two new blanks.

However, BeBe did lose her drip rail chrome trim this weekend. Wind and everything apparently pulled it off the passenger side while the wife and I were running errands in her this weekend. This snapped it all the way back to the arm of my roof rack just behind the B-pillar. Trying to get it to stay again wasn't going to happen as the inner sheath had busted badly and the chrome was all bend and nasty. So I just decided to pull all the way around and call it good. However, I found two sections where I have dips in the rail (like where two pieces met to be welded but were too far apart) on either side???? Did something happen that I am not aware of and was not reported anywhere, like she had her roof replaced?

Untitled by Greg Fisicaro, on Flickr

Last edited:
And BeBe got some new toys today to go along with the upcoming club run to the Lagomarsino Petroglyph site.
Been wanting one of these for a while now and finally decided to pull the trigger. The Viair 88P is rated to inflate a 33" tire to 30psi in about 2 minutes so should be easy peasy for my little 31s.

Unit is pretty tiny actually and one of the reviews on Amazon said that the review purchased what was basically equivalent to a 50cal ammo can and was able to fit the unit and a bunch of other stuff in it. And after seeing this in person I believe it. Gonna stop by HF later this week and grab on of their ammo cans for sure.

The drip rails are that way from factory, seam sealer bridges the gap, mostly.

And BeBe got some new toys today to go along with the upcoming club run to the Lagomarsino Petroglyph site.
Been wanting one of these for a while now and finally decided to pull the trigger. The Viair 88P is rated to inflate a 33" tire to 30psi in about 2 minutes so should be easy peasy for my little 31s.

Unit is pretty tiny actually and one of the reviews on Amazon said that the review purchased what was basically equivalent to a 50cal ammo can and was able to fit the unit and a bunch of other stuff in it. And after seeing this in person I believe it. Gonna stop by HF later this week and grab on of their ammo cans for sure.

How low do you deflate your 31’s? Someone this past weekend was on 31’s and was leery to air down too much. Compressor looks nice.

How low do you deflate your 31’s? Someone this past weekend was on 31’s and was leery to air down too much. Compressor looks nice.
Last time I went with our group I aired down to 15psi if I remember correctly. I would not go any lower than that even though I have reinforced sidewalls but just seems like I would be asking for trouble lower than that. Going to air one of my tires down tonight and play with the pump, after I head to HF to grab an ammo can.

Cool. Lmk how it works. Thinking I might be in for a small compressor at some point too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom