Fidel Castro's FJ25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

posted this in chat, then realized this was the place for it

pic of Fidel and Raul Castro in a 25 or 40, not sure which but it prolly the same as Henry shows.

185079589.jpg

found this pic today in a recent Time magizine......while sitting in the doctors office.....I "liberated" the page with the pic :D

Thanks John! Probably the only time that bunch was smiling................driving a Cruiser! :D

Maybe, now that old Fidel is back among the living Phil might cancel the mission as too high risk. ;)

Landpimp said:

pic of Fidel and Raul Castro in a 25 or 40, not sure which but it prolly the same as Henry shows.

185079589.jpg

found this pic today in a recent Time magizine......while sitting in the doctors office.....I "liberated" the page with the pic :D

Viva la liberation!

Landpimp said:

185079589.jpg

That instrument cluster,and the routing of the vacuum lines are a good clue to this being an FJ25. John#3

Fidel was a 25 hoarder too, at least two in the fleet, since this one is a soft top. :D

what on the cluster makes you say 25? to me(from the pic) I couldnt tell 25 or 40 cluster at that angle. I know what the differences are.......just couldn't pick them out in that pic

I did notice the vac lines

pardion said:
That instrument cluster,and the routing of the vacuum lines are a good clue to this being an FJ25. John#3

Landpimp said:
what on the cluster makes you say 25? to me(from the pic) I couldnt tell 25 or 40 cluster at that angle. I know what the differences are.......just couldn't pick them out in that pic

I did notice the vac lines

the gauge cluster appears to be flat across the bottom, instead of having an indentation for the steering column............... isn't that a 25 trait?

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Maybe, now that old Fidel is back among the living Phil might cancel the mission as too high risk. ;)
Ummm, nooooo....there are at least TWO now!

ClemsonCruiser said:
the gauge cluster appears to be flat across the bottom, instead of having an indentation for the steering column............... isn't that a 25 trait?
To clairify---40's have a 1/2 circle cut out on the bottom of the cluster for the three on a tree shift rod. 25's have a 4-speed floor shift. John*3

ah........I see, never really noticed that before......but yup, your correct, good eyes :)

ClemsonCruiser said:

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Fidel was a 25 hoarder too, at least two in the fleet, since this one is a soft top. :D

Ya think we might see him pop up on the forum here?? (Make sure you list him in the registry, Jim.)

LandCruiserSteve said:
Ya think we might see him pop up on the forum here?? (Make sure you list him in the registry, Jim.)
Isn't he currently Dying???

LandCruiserSteve said:

Mace said:
Isn't he currently Dying???

Hmmmmmm. Fidel just hasn't been around, although he was just recently heard from..............about the time someone else went "out of town".

:confused:
phidel2.JPG

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Hmmmmmm. Fidel just hasn't been around, although he was just recently heard from..............about the time someone else went "out of town". :confused:

FJnotCJ

(Hmmm . . . who's initials could these be?)

LandCruiserSteve said:
FJnotCJ

(Hmmm . . . who's initials could these be?)
Rare photo indeed, Might be more familiar if a HAT was on that head. And deer were lirking in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom