Fidel Castro's FJ25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJnotCJ said:
Ahhhhh, pre-mission nervous chatter....good2go, your Cuban connection have the latlongs for the museum?

Check your PM. :)

We'll need a CUBAN-Spanish speaker, y'know.

I can't speak Spanish. I can only read and translate it, thanks to my years' worth of studying Classical Latin, Old High (medieval) French dialects and modern French, and my minimal modern Italian. And I don't think too many Cubanos speak real Russian, either. (besides, my Russian is getting rusty as hell from disuse)

:cheers:

2ndGenToyotaFan, guess that means I'm old enough to be your mother! :eek:
:crybaby:

Thanks for explaining the CJ thing. So Jeeps are CJ-designations, like our beloved Land Crusiers are FJ-designations?

Yeah, see what you can learn from your elders? lol

Chinooks (the chopper kind) were ... well, go here
( http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/
to learn all about the beautiful beast the USA(rmy) and the USAF call "chinook".
Take note of the older models, and you'll see why they were referred to as "flying bathtubs". FJnotCJ's pic is not so old, and not so "bathtub"-shaped as the old beasts were.

If you wonder why an old broad like me gets teary-eyed over chinooks... it's come by honestly. Hubby's family were all Air Force, and some of my own were, too. I tried to go Navy, myself, at 18 (in 1979), but my family would have NONE of it, and the recruiter was honest enough to tell me that he didn't think I should.

My now-deceased F-i-L was AAF (Army Air Force) back before they split. Actually, he was Chief Judge Advocate, North African Theater of Operations, in WWII. (These days, he'd've been called "JAG")

My husband, as I said earlier, is back at Scott AFB.

NOW I fully understand why, in 1997, after my F-i-L just passed, we found in his wallet his ORIGINAL DISCHARGE PAPERS! Now, I see why he thought it so important to keep those at his fingertips all the time, even 52 years later!
They called hubby back in January 2006; his contract's up at the endo f January 2007. Supposedly. But he's discussing a new contract, I KNOW he is, even though he keeps lying to me about it. (his CO let it slip without realizing I didn't already know)

So, go visit that website. :)
(I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just know theirs is the best Chinook-devoted site I've found yet)

Damn!

FJnotCJ --- did the spooks come and get you already?!! :eek:

Or did you go without me, after I gave you the latlongs? :mad:

If you found trouble, I can extricate you. (then again -- if you did, what's the likelihood that you'll read this?) :confused:

I think I just wet myself.......

Vertical.jpg

Too many 25's in the front of that one!!!

From the Photo, can I assume the RAF will be involved in the rescue?:)

2ndGenToyotaFan said:
I think I just wet myself.......

Too many 25's in the front of that one!!!

Nah, they're just having fun.
That's their equivalent of our vertical-rock-crawling ... or swimming our Toyotas into water up to the windshield. :) That's all.

Didja wet yourself in a good, or in a bad way? just wondering...

rgsiii - PLEASE!
RAF indeed!
USAF - maybe. But not likely...
I don't need the USAF (or the RAF); I've got plenty of mercenary buddies. We look out for each other. (and for ourselves)

I'm starting to worry about FJnotCJ.
I hope he's still okay.
I hope he didn't go off and leave for all the fun without me. lol
I hope I didn't scare the hall out of him... scare him to death... :grinpimp:

I'd really hate to have to add another tick-mark to my belt... the marks represent the head count of the men I've scared the hell out of over the course of 45 years of life. :eek: And I'm not even as wild as I used to be, in my youth... :eek:

I'm looking at the "big picture" right now, with the 25 being a bonus...as a most wanted person post "rescue" I will need retirement funds and an Island Garage/Dr Evil Missile Launching Volcano Lair in which to enjoy the fruits of my labor and hang all my bibs in.

I figure with merc chinooks on the loose a few dozen armored cars could be plucked from the streets with relative ease and speed;)

Really?

How many chinooks? Mine (a buddy's, actually), and... ???
How about black hawks? A black hawk can pick up pretty much any rig on a belly hook.

How many mercs (personnel) have you got? (and what jobs)
How many more do you want me to supply? (and what jobs)

I'm not a pilot; are you? (and even if you are, you might not want to be flying a chopper while commanding such a mission - think twice)

This larger mission will definitely require recon. Not just sattelite or sky recon, but on-the-ground recon.
Who's gonna scout? Who will be Point [wo]men?

Also, just so we're clear on this --- The actual mission (and all the planning) is half of the fun ... but the other half is having and/or driving the rig(s) after we snatch 'em. I want my full share of the second half of the fun, Commander. A merc is a merc.

Another question for ya: You're commanding? Who's your second-in-command?

Y'know there's no reason why you must be an expat, right? No one necessarily will lose cover, be forced into hiding.

Yeah - arrangements must be made ahead of time, just in case... but it's not necessarily a given that such will come to pass.

EX: I haven't been caught, yet. Nor have the majority of my buddies.

Are you financially set for permanent retirement out of the States? Have you set it all up, already, wherever your chosen place of Hidetirement will be?

:beer: :cheers: Here's to hoisting a few in our full garage! :cheers: :beer:

Inside person indicates one gaurd, easily distracted when you ring the phone next to the Rover. ;)
Castro's%20Jeep.jpg

That ones just a heep, :D a little bit after that a weapons carrier comes in from the right side....it's a Toyota FQ15, wanted it for the 45 guys in this thread:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=87882

I can't believe that these two rare ones show up in unrelated news clips. :eek:

Cruiser_Nerd - Not so easy as you state. That one guard you see isn't the only guard on duty. :)
You hafta do your own recon, my friend, if you want trustworthy info. (and if you want to remain "at large" and not imprisoned. ;)

Lemme guess. You never did this kind of work before??

I'm as willing to work with the FJ45 guys as the FJ25 guys here. s***. I only own an FJ80, myself...
(lol Where else BUT here on 'mud would one say "I only own" and go on to name ANY Land Cruiser?! lol)

You 45 guys want that Toyota FQ15? Fine. I'm ready. (re-read my user ID: good2go; I am)

Where is it?
(don't care if you don't know the latlongs (latitude/longitude); just give me a colloquial address; I'll get the latlongs myself.)
How well is it guarded? How is it displayed/stored?
(don't care if you aren't dead-certain; I do my own recon anyway)
Who wants it? How many are willing to work to get it? Or, conversely, how much is it worth to you guys?
(can put my own team together, for the right price)

Btw, for my own safety, I don't work with newbies, only seasoned mercenaries. I'll join a team I like... or I'll put together a team for hire. Of course, as anyone might expect, if *I* do it all, the price is steep, not cheap. But my team will be worth it.

Hope you 45 guys have a secure garage somewhere.
(or I can provide one for you, of course, at the right rental or sale price)

People always laugh nervously, or look in askance at me, when I calmly say, when asked what we do for a living "I'm a prostitute".
I will give you anything you want --- for the right price. Everything - and everyone - has a price. The only issue for most folks is that they cannot afford the high price. I'm worth every penny that I charge -- no matter what the job entails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom