Felt like building something (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been working a bunch on the project 40. Lots of thinking, and re-thinking stuff. Truck defenitly needs a bunch of other things before a bumper... BUT Sometimes I just feel like building something simple, quick, and FUN. I have had this idea floating around in my head for about as long as I wanted to build a cruizer. I feel that its a nice answer to all those Kangaroo ceatcher bumpers I have been seeing on 40's for a long time now.

Mostly welded, ill finish the blending tomorow. Best part is that I had all the steel and the girlfriend is outa town, so I can stay late at the shop without fear of the freekout! :D
Bumper2.jpg
Bumper1.jpg

Last edited:
Ok.

Pics or just conversation?

Holy Steel Girder batman!

I agree sometimes you just gotta stop and build something. While that isn't my style, It looks like you shouldn't have any trouble with it being too weak ;)

n.... At first I thought it was a 4 link truss, then I saw the piece of channel you're using for a bumper.

\

thats exactly what i was thinking when i first looked

looks well uuh kool

its always nice when the lady leaves and gives you some free time

Best part is that I had all the steel and the girlfriend is outa town, so I can stay late at the shop without fear of the freekout! :D

Having the materials to make something, and then, actually putting something together and having it turn out how you want it is awesome!

About the other part here…

I really know what you mean. Hopefully you can bump into someone someday that gets you and your interest in being in the shop, and does not look at it as a point of contention or division, but rather, accepts it as a part of who you are and supports you in it.

Support comes in many forms.

Good luck!

-Steve

Having the materials to make something, and then, actually putting something together and having it turn out how you want it is awesome!

About the other part here…

I really know what you mean. Hopefully you can bump into someone someday that gets you and your interest in being in the shop, and does not look at it as a point of contention or division, but rather, accepts it as a part of who you are and supports you in it.

Support comes in many forms.

Good luck!

-Steve

Now that was deep!... but ageed.

No matter that your bumper will have no problems pushing other vehicles, trains, cattle etc.. out of your way...

...I'm working this weekend and at least you got to go in there and play a bit. Post it up again when you're done.

Nice. I don't think it's "underbuilt"

:beer:

Scott

:lol: yea, mostly for persuading trees... and it will also be an OBA tank, that bottom piece is 4x4 box not Channel. I have acess to a tube bender, dont like using tube for bumpers and sliders, it just dents.

:lol: yea, mostly for persuading trees... and it will also be an OBA tank, that bottom piece is 4x4 box not Channel. I have acess to a tube bender, dont like using tube for bumpers and sliders, it just dents.
but then you have that weight problem like i do:D time to regear

It's fun to do a project like that, especially when other vehicle issues are getting to you. The problem I have is the constant feeling that mine will never run again. It definitely looks strong, and shouldn't have a problem pushing those trees out of the way up in VT.

Crusier88: Yea I got a major weight problem.... I have a tub built outa 3/16 and an 1/8in floor :lol: I have yet to throw the tub on the scale, but its damn close to 450lb empty...

JJS: you just need some Skills! :lol: and live closer to your rig.

building anything yourself is a accomplishment :beer:

Crusier88: Yea I got a major weight problem.... I have a tub built outa 3/16 and an 1/8in floor :lol: I have yet to throw the tub on the scale, but its damn close to 450lb empty...

JJS: you just need some Skills! :lol: and live closer to your rig.
:lol: no ive got the major weight problem:D almost 3 tons of it:lol:

yea the only good parts that mine moves easily though, thanks to the little rolley cart :lol:

well... to be honest, appreciate you trying to design a different bumper. from a design perspective, it's not good looking. sorry bro. looks ugly...

Last edited:
well... to be honest, appreciate you trying to design a different bumper. from a design perspective, it's not good looking. sorry bro. looks ugly...

Yo momma

Well at least your frame will bend before your bumper does...:rolleyes:
A beauty contest winner it is not.

I like the Gothic ends on the bumper. Kind of a Road Warrior look.

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom