For Sale Feeler - 2003 LX 470, 151K Miles, Needs Love (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am helping my brother-in-law sell his '03 LX 470 and looking for feedback/interest.

151K miles, Black/tan, one owner, garaged, no smoking, Mark Levinson, Nav, never off-road. The LX has been used mostly highway driving back/forth from NYC to VT and Eastern Long Island. All service at Lexus Manhattan. Interior is good shape, no rips/tears. Engine purs.

Here's what needs servicing.

1. The brakes went soft. A local garage in Long Island says it needs a master cylinder. Mechanic says the master cylinder is stripped.

2. A/C not blowing cold. Have not had it diagnosed.

3. Radio has an intermittent problem.

4. Suspension needs servicing.

The LX is currently in Long Island at a local mechanic. My b-i-l has a new LX 570 so, this needs to go to someone here that has the know how to fix and maintain it for years to come.

Please suggest listing price or make an offer if you are interested.

New master cylinder, new ac compressor, new radio and possible antenna/motor, AHC rebuild. those are some big ticket items. that could be in the 3-5k range in repairs. I just purchased my 03 470 with a little over 80k on the odometer with no mechanical issue for $16,700. That is a socal beauty with not a spec of rust. Your bro-in-law is probably dealing with some rust. I would put the value in the $13-15k IF it was mechanically sound. remove the cost on the repairs and your in the $9k-$12k range. Rust and overall cosmetics will find tune the number a little more.

If he can fix everything and the rust is minimal then he may be in the mid to high teens.

Any rust?

Sorry for the slow response. Here are a few pics that my brother-in-law took.

lx1.jpg

lx2.jpg

lx3.jpg

Tell your BIL he'll need AC lines - that level of rust in the pics above usually means the lines have rusted through.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom