February Club Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyOshow22

KK0TEQ
Threads
Whoa! February is almost over everyone! That means club meeting time. Instead of just going over the agenda and having a discussion among our members like we always do, this month Rhodes will give us a presentation on how to use your HAM radio. This is our main form of coms out on the trail and it is good to know how to properly use your ham radio instead of just knowing what is needed to pass the licensing test. This will help people learn real application!

As always this will be held in the conference room at 6:30 at Pedersen Toyota on the 22nd and then we will have the meet and greet over at Ryans Sports bar and Grill at 7:30! Also to be discussed is the trail run the following Saturday 2/25. If you have any input on trails post up!

And dont forget you can find all this info on the new Horsetooth 4 Wheelers website @ Horsetooth 4 Wheelers

I look forward to seeing you all there!

-Johnny

16807329_1336431956395878_270200198133473605_n.jpg

Last edited:
What day is the meet up at Pedersen? I don't have a ham, only CB, but do want to get my license.

Unfortunately I won't be able to join in on the trail run, I got rear ended on Monday and she will be in the shop. Link

I'll get out with you guys one of these days, I promise (I was up in Steamboat last run).

EDIT
Just went to the website, meeting is on the 22nd.

What day is the meet up at Pedersen? I don't have a ham, only CB, but do want to get my license.

Unfortunately I won't be able to join in on the trail run, I got rear ended on Monday and she will be in the shop. Link

I'll get out with you guys one of these days, I promise (I was up in Steamboat last run).

EDIT
Just went to the website, meeting is on the 22nd.
Good catch on the missing date, i have added it above. And WHOA! those two cars were jacked up! Glad to hear you werent hurt from that and that the cruiser will live. As for the ham a lot of guys use the hand held boafang radios that are $35 ( Amazon.com: Baofeng UV-5R Dual Band UHF/VHF Radio Transceiver W/Upgrade Version 3800mah Battery With Earpiece - Built-in VOX Function, 136-174 / 400-480MHz: Electronics ) They work great and at low power they don't interfere with too much. I recommend one as they are way better than CB. I used it for awhile and then went to one of the free lessons and tests that NCARC put on ( Home Page | Northern Colorado Amateur Radio Club ) We are going to try and get a list of test date and locatons on the website soon so more people can get licensed. It wasn't too hard of a test. Good luck on the cruiser, look forward to meeting you at some point

Thanks to everyone who came out tonight. I think the new meeting format is going to change things in a good way. Even though I had already passed the Ham technician test I learned some things from Rhodes that I didn't know before. We will continue to do new things at meetings and if you have an idea for something we could give a presentation on please let me know!

@willbt it was nice meeting you and I look forward to seeing the new bumper on your 100!

-Johnny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom