February 17-20 Overlanding adventure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did a bunch of pre-cooking tonight for the Mac and Cheese, and it should be great if I can avoid burning it! I'm planning to leave my house at 8a to try and miss some of the early commute traffic. Will plan to meet you all at the Circle K in Superior for gas-up, so look for me there at around 9:45-10a. Drive safely everyone,

Well sports fans, it looks like rain on Saturday and possibly early Sunday. For those of you who are skittish about weather this may be a deterrent but fir the rest of us this is a chance to listen to the sound of rain on canvas and huddle around a campfire and tell lies.

@Otter you may want to watch the weather in Klondyke Saturday morning. This might not be the trip for Sarah and Graham after all. Look at weather underground and accuweather and decide.

@Stepmurr aka RedStevev is already in camp. Looking forward to our meeting up today.

@Otter you may want to watch the weather in Klondyke Saturday morning. This might not be the trip for Sarah and Graham after all. Look at weather underground and accuweather and decide.

Yeah, I think given the forecast of steady rain, we are out.

I will keep an eye on the forecast into tomorrow morning in case there are any changes.

If it was just me, I'd be on the road right now.

Have fun! I'll make pancakes on the next trip.

Fyi. I'm living vicariously through the posts from north georgia. Have fun folks. Hard to believe death valley was a year ago!

Fyi. I'm living vicariously through the posts from north georgia. Have fun folks. Hard to believe death valley was a year ago!
We miss you buddy. Hope all is well.

No pie :(

Change of priorities this weekend and need to stay at the homestead, will have said pie's at a future date.

Just got home from trying to drive PCH 1 in California. It was torrential downpour for hours and high winds. Looks like that storm is heading this way, so be extra careful, this one could pack a punch.

As an aside, we could not complete the PCH as it was closed due to damaged bridge at big sur due to mudslide/rain :(

Heading back to Phoenix. Thank you everyone for another awesome trip we had a blast!!!

IMG_7058.JPG

IMG_7059.JPG

IMG_7242.JPG

IMG_7244.JPG

IMG_7254.JPG

Glad you had decent weather, NWS said this part of the state was in the proverbial "donut hole" for precipitation, only 1/4" at the house.
Beautiful country. For you geology buffs, (learned from Ross), that that back wall behind camp is made of multiple series of pyroclastic flows. Cool stuff to turn the kids loose counting eruptions.

Glad you had decent weather, NWS said this part of the state was in the proverbial "donut hole" for precipitation, only 1/4" at the house.
Beautiful country. For you geology buffs, (learned from Ross), that that back wall behind camp is made of multiple series of pyroclastic flows. Cool stuff to turn the kids loose counting eruptions.

We received an 1" in Scottsdale
The run off has Bartlett and Horseshoe almost 100% with 4000CFM being let out of Horseshoe. There is a catwalk open to the public the goes under the wall of water if you have never been its worth the trip.
IMG_8284[1].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom