February 17-20 Overlanding adventure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This sounds like the most mouth watering ROTM ever. It could be renamed " The foodies field trip " Wish we could make it. Looking forward to many pics.

Let me know if you're good with 3pm...we could meet up

I will be leaving East mesa at 4:30/45 ish unfortunately due to my GF work. See you in camp around 8:30pm

I am still planning on heading to Superior Friday morning and having breakfast around 9- 915 start and meeting at the gas station Circkle k at 10.

Join me at Los Hermanos or Circkle K.

Only one more day.

Last edited:
I am still planning on heading to Superior Friday morning and having breakfast around 9- 915 start and meeting at the gas station Circkle k at 10.

Join me at Los Hermanos or Circkle K.

Only one more day.

Can't come fast enough cruiser already loaded!

50890011154__60BED97B-D956-40DE-9376-B0BEB9721F46.JPG

Sorry have to bow out. Saddletramp you have a pm

Thank you Brice.

@murf and @verruckt1, I completely understand how life can get in the way of the best laid plans. We will miss your camaraderie and our morning coffee chats. Until next time.

By now everyone should have their state land trust permits, these are required. Water, food, rain jacket (just in case) and your great attitudes. Overlanding is just a fancy name for extended camping with moving from site to site over dirt roads that may require the use of the 4wheel drive capabilities. While Phoenix is forecasting rain, the outlook for Klondyke has a chance of showers Saturday and possibly Sunday, will post up later the final weather outlook before departing Friday morning.

I'm out due to illness. Lung infection! Yay.. Have fun y'all....

Where do we catch up with the group on Saturday?

Directions to camping:

The turn off to Klondyke, AZ is 137 miles from the intersection of the 101/US 60.

In the town of Globe, you will take the US 70 to the east (or south not sure). Do not turn back onto the US 60. The US 60 heads off to the north east, the US 70 heads to the south east.

The turn onto Klondyke Road is between the towns of Bylas and Pima. You turn right (west) onto Klondyke Road. It is a dirt road and you will be on dirt for the rest of the trip. If you want to air down for the dirt road, there is plenty of room once you cross the train tracks (we parked in front of the Tumbleweed Plantation).

Proceed 25 miles on Klondyke Road, then turn right (north west), at the T in the road, onto Klondyke Road.

7.7 miles ahead is the town of Klondyke. Continue past the town on Klondyke Road/Aravaipa Canyon Road. Aravaipa Canyon Wilderness starts 5.3 miles from Klondyke. The camping area is 11.7 miles from the town of Klondyke. The GPS coordinates for the camping area are N32° 52.598' W110° 26.186' (32.87886, -110.43643).

It took us 1 hour to get from the camping location to the town of Klondyke.

Note: There is no cell service at the camping location. It is in a canyon, so not sure how well HAM/CB will work.

View attachment 1397485

This is the ranch sign on the south side of the Klondyke Rd. and just 50 feet past the railroad tracks that parallel the highway 70

I'm out due to illness. Lung infection! Yay.. Have fun y'all....
Will miss your keen wit. You need to start making these trips or we will start thinking you don't like having fun.:grinpimp:

I had visions of taking several days off and meeting you all from the Mammoth side, have to work (again).

@Abigail , @ftbshop I'm planning on leaving the house here at maybe 7:50 for sure no later than 0800 and headed to superior. See you here if you want to caravan

@LongDuck, @D1EZEL @Dimples we will meet up at either Los Hermanos or the Circle K. @brices123 we will wait up for you at the CircleK.

Hope I haven't forgotten any of the Friday morning crowd.

See you all soon

I had visions of taking several days off and meeting you all from the Mammoth side, have to work (again).

I was hoping you might join up with us. Maybe next time. We are thinking about a run Overlanding in the Chiricahua mountains later in the year. We really need to try to connect to the Tucson crowd.

Trailer packed - check
Truck packed - check
Room for four people - not really, but good thing I have a new roof rack.
See everyone soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom