Featured 100 - Snook (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rear Swap Bar setup

The rear sway bar's connection was modifed with new extra long bracket that included very stiff small springs.

This setting enabled some rear axle twisting movements before the swap bar is being used. I might do the same thing for front but I'm not sure due to tighter space.
sway bar.JPG

man, that is a *lot* of work. Nicely done too! I'm impressed. :cheers:

Hot & Fresh shower Part I

During the Rubithion 2005, Jim Pismo's awesome FJ 60 comes with hot shower system, using the motor's heat to warm up the cold & frigid (from recent snow melting) water from his suction pipe into a perfect warm water. I almost passed out inside the shower bin from two days of hot and dusty of video shooting.

So I decided my truck should have a hot water system. Since the water system is EXPECT to leak, those piping system were located above the side pit, instead of above the rear cargo floor.
aheat exchange.jpg
aheat exchange 1.JPG
ashower system.JPG

Hot & Fresh shower Part II

Instead of accessing water shower system thru the engine bay or rear cargo door,the left side of the truck is use for ease of access.

The rear of the RV panel is recessed, about 1.5" so the adjustable temp handle, output water plug and on/off power can be covered.

The lower water plug is Input for drawing water. The 26' long suction pipe comes with it's water pump. Also the house hose and RV water hookup can be used with adaptor if needed. Aslo this input plug can be use to fill up the aux water tank.

Athought this system is only use for shower, not drinking, level 3 water filter might be use if I can figure out where to install it.
bIMG_4015a.jpg
bIMG_4019.JPG
bIMG_4020.JPG

Instead of accessing water shower system thru the engine bay or rear cargo door,the left side of the truck is use for ease of access.

The rear of the RV panel is recessed, about 1.5" so the adjustable temp handle, output water plug and on/off power can be covered.

The lower water plug is Input for drawing water. The 26' long suction pipe comes with it's water pump. Also the house hose and RV water hookup can be used with adaptor if needed. Aslo this input plug can be use to fill up the aux water tank.

Athought this system is only use for shower, not drinking, level 3 water filter might be use if I can figure out where to install it.

Now that is friggin slick. A cutout in the body panel! Yikes! BUT.....you made it look good! Wow!

Unbelievable! What do you do in your spare time Jay ;) ? Great job(s)!!!

e9999: I don't want to be the next show and tell now :crybaby:.

nice work Jay! looks great as usual
are you going to paint the RV door to match the body?

Good job Jay, that shower setup looks great, nice going with the 4x4labs rear bumper you are going to love it.

Nice truck Jay-and good recovery from the broken diff incident(s). You have a sweet shower set up-I think that's your best mod. Very nice.

When are we going to see another video, or have you retired?

WOW...the more I read, the more blown away I am! That rig is SWEET!!!

wow thats awesome. hows the water pressure on the shower?

Three different water pressures:

- RV water pump: 35 to 55 PSI - adjustable screw on pump. The pump stopped automaticly when the PSI gets too high due to "off" switch on the shower head.

- My house hose: 45 PSI

- RV hookup: 25 to 65 PSI - sometime RV owner put a restrictor on hookup hose so the PSI can't go above 45 PSI or too much PSI will damaged the RV water system.

I am planning to put whole system under 45 PSI for at least 24 hrs by using my home hose for wet run. I expect it to leak somewhere.

nice work Jay! looks great as usual
are you going to paint the RV door to match the body?

I did asked my Toyota part store for a small can of spray for Riverrock Green. They said they can't sell it due to California law. So I asked Cdan and he said there is no such thing like that.

Suggestion?

As for alignment, I tried to lined up the RV access panel to the gas panel but the rear seat belt system is in the way.

Good job Jay, that shower setup looks great, nice going with the 4x4labs rear bumper you are going to love it.

Yes, but my fingers is bit sore from tapping on my desk for too long.....

Hey, your'e sick to go over White Knucles at Moab in your 80, awesome. No restrain rope in your rear during this drop down?

Nice truck Jay-and good recovery from the broken diff incident(s). You have a sweet shower set up-I think that's your best mod. Very nice.

When are we going to see another video, or have you retired?

Thanks

What video?

:D

Actually my video workstation crashed so I had to rebuilt the operating system.

Snook Where u store the water ?

http://www.thelongranger.com.au/100serieslongrangefueltank.html

The Long Ranger TR 62 water/gas combo is what I would like to buy but my chance for getting this model is getting smaller and smaller.

The Long Ranger saleperson said they don't handle international shipping?

Looks like I need someone local near The Long Ranger OR have them send model to a local guy's address anywhere in AU then this guy forward to me thru international shipping. Very frustrating.

http://www.thelongranger.com.au/100serieslongrangefueltank.html

The Long Ranger TR 62 water/gas combo is what I would like to buy but my chance for getting this model is getting smaller and smaller.

The Long Ranger saleperson said they don't handle international shipping?

Looks like I need someone local near The Long Ranger OR have them send model to a local guy's address anywhere in AU then this guy forward to me thru international shipping. Very frustrating.

i have it installed on my Land Cruiser the problem thats ARB and Long Ranger they didnt ship int they want u to do the wire transfer and Called Fedex or DHL to collect them !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom