Builds Father, Son, and the Unholy UTE (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What I would really like to do is help lay out the cutting. I know I can lay out multi million dollar buildings, but that would be a real challenge!

Can I help cut it up? That would be a real blast whacking up a cruiser. Regular or extended cab. I like the extended. I'd even bring my own slitter!

Hey @7powernerd - Can Craig come over and play?

Insurance done, now time for a long test drive tonight to see if there are any engine/tranny issues to resolve. If not, then get it registered tomorrow, and then slice and dice.

Wow. Maybe the peppiest 80 I have driven, next to Mikey's.

Put about a dozen miles on it even highway speeds. Did great. Just when it got warmed up, had a rough idle. Drive home, Plugged in the scan gauge, and never had a rough idle again. While we're working on it I'll pull the clamshell intake, swap out the injectors and replace all the hoses

Visited some neighbors on the ride.

Success, I would say. Only strange thing is that time advance in the picture below. Look at the range???

Next step is DMV tomorrow.

IMG_6674.JPG
IMG_6675.PNG
IMG_6671.JPG

Doesn't timing typically advance as the RPM go up? You're only at a grand.

Agreed, however, the range said it advanced up to 37 degrees. That seems excessive.

DMV is done -- all legal. The highway patrol guy checked 1/2 dozen of the vin stickers on the doors, hood, etc. Glad it was a "whole" car.

@Willys43 we will get a plan and let you know when the plasma cutter will be started.

Planning wise... have a strange opportunity if anyone wants to take advantage of it.

When I was making the fiberglass enclosure for my rear quarter panel subwoofer, I thought it would make it easier to turn a car on its side and you could make the mold without gravity being a pain in the A$$. Well, we will likely be able to do this after a little slice and dice this week. I likely will make up one more enclosure, if anyone else wants to do so, let me know. Please note that we will be cutting it up further, so this would be a short term offer.

k

which side? are you taking the whole body off or separating the quarters and floor for the chop? i'm planning on making a driver side enclosure in the rear.

You could do either side. Plan is to cut the floor somewhere in front of the gas tank, between the rear doors, then behind the sunroof; therefore, entire rear will be loose. I will likely cut pillars to get rid of the roof, and could dice and slice the floor to separate the left and right side pretty easy.

Eventually we will be reusing the quarter skins to make a truck bed.

FYI, I am going to ask a moderator to move this over to the main 80 forum, so "watch" it if you want to see updates.

Josh finished his finals so we were able to go work out in the shop. First job was to strip the interior, and we made some money along the way. We even found a one dollar liberty coin.
IMG_6688.JPG
IMG_6686.JPG
IMG_6683.JPG

After waking up at 8:00, my dad and I went out and started to tear my car to an unholy shell of a car. We started by taking out the sliders, the rest of the seatbelts and the handles, wiring harnesses, and eventually the sun roof. Here is the byproduct of the work we have done already:
IMG_2245.JPG
IMG_2246.JPG

Got a few items to tear out; however, plan to be able to cut it tomorrow.

Dropped the gas tank. Houston, we are ready for main separation.

SAWEET!

:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom