Fat Amy Gets a Set of 37" Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MScruiser

obsessive-compulsive oppositional-defiant wise-ass
Threads
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A buddy of mine owns a tire shop and had a set of 37/12.5/17 Goodyear MTRs he let me borrow. I'm going to drive around for a few weeks and see how they do. If I decide I like 37s, I'll order a new set of Toyos. Otherwise I'll go back to 35s.

Initial thoughts:

-No noticeable loss of power or brakefeel.
-There is some rubbing on the KDSS lever.
There is some rubbing on the body mount bracket that attaches to the frame.
-There is some rubbing on the plastic trim that spans above the running boards; I can easily correct this with a heat gun and a saw.

This thing is a MONSTER. The tires remain (in my opinion) proportional to the truck. I may be mistaken, but this may be the largest road legal 200 in North America. :banana:

Truck notes:
3.5" lift from Ironman Suspension & 1" Tundra strut spacers in the front.
10mm OME trim packers in rear.
1" body lift
Slee KDSS relocation brackets
Differential Drop

Last edited:
All I can say is...

Looks good. Ready for Baja 1000.

Yeah, @beno see you on Friday, man!

I have two basically new MTRs in 37x12.50 if you decide to stay with them that you could have. M1101 take offs.

I was rolling them past the 200 one day and had a laugh. Monster.

prcEQhwlLbI5YjL8K6hm9fMXUQn30Y9X9-mhwCkAauqkHCrP3uNjIEjRjPd075A33ljiaJUJQaMBYXcC301VaTDH48wOj8fbcBk2B7LuFUvHxQaTfns2f03jlV-kxTsWu2NEXHaqeILnJJZeYwqjpTxNSujmvFY3mL0rJRsEdLrAqwik7HkdycXyUNjed-Lco9jh8HxbNNJODpr-_iVInTEIPCvWgPcRuLrjtLm3ZQpQuqAOvbZMDbMA6zCsy58e_JdAGHa0p9AlGnyTUE7vYS0bMz2EfPkWZcHHEwt2kGQjyRtGB6X7q6ZDP-7x6umFp-OQqPp-X4O8q_mJohDtSFKgkcucqlL6OK_82Vxi_GO9PTD_WPBfUAcR0jY_ysPwWCXuASWVJiUgDXgbeUoMOWpH5hVCH5FNcixCEDCmIjgqGAJjM0m6MftLi34mulkfm69uTKXE4iLRWNdE3rqIhYCkqBt0zGWZ4PpA4svpED4pPlC6IfP24yR4BzhI11qfepi40Z4k6qj24UZsnEt9IL75D6Gz9wktZDBnwWZ31VsdhISat9hMUluQ892FZGo=w1594-h902-no

37's! You're going to put your eye out!

That thing looks great. Did you install a diff drop kit too? Does Slee sell the KDSS relocation brackets? I have not seen them on his website.

Are those 37's pretty worn? Wondering if a new set might rub more... ?

They are a bit worn yes, and I've considered that. The Toyos I'm looking at run thinner than advertised, so a new set may contact less.

@JamesC , thanks for the offer, but I'm not a big fan of the MTRs ride so far.

The KDSS brackets are not in the website; the verdict is still out as to whether or not they are worth the strain you put on your components. And yes, I have a differential drop.

All that rubber and extra lift and still running factory Running Boards. Fat Amy needs some sliders :D

Nice build. What do you intend to do with the 37's over 35's or even over 33's?

In my best auctioneer voice:

Hey, hey there....can someone give me some stock tires? Stock tires? Yup!
Thirty three's, thirty three's anybody running thirty three's? Yup!
And thirty fiives....come on now don't be shy....lets see those thirty fives.... Yup!
And finally thirty sevens! Folks, this is unheard of....you may be watching a record breaker here....Thirty sevens going once... twice?
SOLD to the big green girl in the back!

I was waiting to do the body lift before sliders, because the sliders will have to be custom made to "look" just right with a body lift. :)

They are a bit worn yes, and I've considered that. The Toyos I'm looking at run thinner than advertised, so a new set may contact less.

@JamesC , thanks for the offer, but I'm not a big fan of the MTRs ride so far.

The KDSS brackets are not in the website; the verdict is still out as to whether or not they are worth the strain you put on your components. And yes, I have a differential drop.

Any inkling to a gear-swap? That's quite an increase over stock 31's now... o_O Curious how it feels off the line, and on the highway...inclines, etc.

On flat road, I have not felt a difference yet. I'm sure there will be a difference once I drive more.

If I decide to stay with 37s, yeah, I'll probably regear.

The MTR's in a 37" are rated to weigh 74 lbs - I wanna say my Nitto Trail Grappler weighs more than that by 5 pounds or so - cant find the real weight online.

Damn Andrew that thing is a BEAST, LOVE IT!!!

Andrew, I'm too lazy to read back through the build thread. what upper control arms are you running? If they are the SPC with the adjustable ball joint, you can have an alignment shop crank the lower arm adjusting bolts so that the lowers are as far forward as possible, then correct the alignment numbers with the upper arms. Either that or check into the Tundra body mount trim kit. Just a couple of the tricks the Tundra guys were doing when the tires got ginormous.

in eddie murphy voice," that's one big bitch. you married a gooney goo goo, gus" :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom