Fall Crawl 2017 - Oct 13-14 - Rausch Creek (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What level trails will you be running on the western end?

They are blues and blacks.

Definitely blues with some black trails off the long main trail that Crusha took me and the Gadget Guy on. If we stick to what we did that day and add in the black optionals it will be a full day. Early start means a good day of wheeling and still out through the gate before it gets closed and locked. I believe you guys will enjoy the trails on that side of the highway.

Definitely blues with some black trails off the long main trail that Crusha took me and the Gadget Guy on. If we stick to what we did that day and add in the black optionals it will be a full day. Early start means a good day of wheeling and still out through the gate before it gets closed and locked. I believe you guys will enjoy the trails on that side of the highway.
Do we have a head count or a limit to the number of rigs wanting to head over there on saturday. BBRC is up to it.

I believe there will be a fairly large group of people and trucks wanting to do the western reserve at Anthracite Saturday the 14th. There will be some guys from our club there on Saturday in addition to whoever from Capital City and Bay to Blue Ridge show up. Greg and I discussed this a bit and while i am not particularly familiar with that part of the park I can lead one group over the trails we did when Greg tore the front axle apart on his 80. Greg could possibly lead another group running the same trails in the opposite direction. Could really work out well for two groups. I'm gonna ride shotgun with either Greg or someone to keep the number of vehicles down.

Definitely a good idea to get a tentative head count going for the day at Anthracite. Certainly there are enough good trails on either side of the property to accommodate several groups. let's see who is figuring to wheel at Anthracite Saturday and go from there. I'll post up on the Keystone site, too.

I'm in for the new western reserve!! Burl doesn't like to tow up that road so he may ride with me or someone.

Edit: if My Junk stays together that long.

I would like To go up on Wednesday afternoon and Wheel Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Last edited:
Anyone else interested in going up Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning and wheeling Thursday?
bob and I and possibly Brother Burl are planning on going up Wednesday. Bobs Leafs are still Broken so he is leaving his 40 home.

Anyone else interested in going up Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning and wheeling Thursday?
bob and I and possibly Brother Burl are planning on going up Wednesday. Bobs Leafs are still Broken so he is leaving his 40 home.

I might try to head up on Wednesday THURSDAY morning, arriving mid-day. If I get in early enough, I'll try to catch up with you on the trail.

Last edited:
I'm not going to make it to wheel Wednesday. Hope to leave Winchester by 3:00 get to RC around 6:00. Set camp and start drinking.

Works for me!

Sorry, Chris. I just realized I had my days confused in my post above. I'm heading up Thursday morning and might try to catch up with you to get some wheeling in on Thursday afternoon.

I will be happy to be join you if some of you guys are wheeling Thursday. I have a can't miss doctor appointment Friday and won't be able to wheel that day.

I will be happy to be join you if some of you guys are wheeling Thursday. I have a can't miss doctor appointment Friday and won't be able to wheel that day.

He's a popular proctologist, is he?

Last edited:
Hey guys. Looks like Gotham is having an informal trip to Anthracite the same weekend. Any Cons on wheeling that park on friday rather than saturday? By looking at the calander at RC it does not show any big groups going up that weekend.

The con with wheeling Anthracite on Friday is an extra unload/load for the trailer queens.

I'm coming up Thursday. Exact wheeling scenario is unknown right now. If Mark joins, we'll do our usual flat tow up and wheel the forty. If he doesn't go, I may just ride along with Steve O in the 62 and give my junk a rest. They got their workout in Colorado.

Hey guys. Looks like Gotham is having an informal trip to Anthracite the same weekend. Any Cons on wheeling that park on friday rather than saturday? By looking at the calander at RC it does not show any big groups going up that weekend.
I don't know that Gotham will have a big enough crowd to impact wheeling at AOAA, if that is the concern.
The Western reserve (our target) is closed on Fridays, from the Intel we've gotten from the Keystone crew, so that leaves Saturday as the only good day for wheeling there.
We are hitting the trail early Saturday as well, so that should get us ahead of any potential crowding issue.

I'm stopping by Honest Gary's Used Cruiser Parts on my way to RC. Let me know if youneed something picked up.

OBTW, who's coming and when?

Last edited:
We need fire wood too.
And I was thinking we should eat dinner as a group at one of the local places on Saturday on the way back to Rausch from Anthracite, since we'll be off the trail by 3pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom