Falken at4w in 285/70/18 - anyone got em (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I was looking at tires yesterday (as
I habitually do) and noticed the new falken all terrain comes in a size 285/70/18 which I was kinda pumped about since 275/70/18 seems to be the “put it on it will fit in nearly all setups” and 295/70/18 seems to be the “it will fit on some setups with some extra work to be done”. I’ve seen this size tire before but they tend to be pricey. With most 275/70/18 all terrains eclipsing the $300 mark this offering seems like a nice way to get into a clean 34” without going broke.

Anyone have these on their rig yet? I was looking at Toyo open counter rt trails in 295/70/18 kinda so want to do anything extra to make em fit

I am running the Falkens in 275/75/16 and lovethem.
They are great off road, not loud.

Looks good, wish someone would pull the trigger for a 100 series

Is this the only C rated AT tire in 285/70/18?
As far as I know. Only about 10 or so tires in this size. All of them E rated.

Reactions: LCT
Just picked these up. Wildpeak AT4W LT285/70R18 LR-C.
Tundra off road rims, 1.25” spacers. Clears pinch weld *barely* and had to cut a little of the fender liner in front of it.
Initial thoughts are good, just a lot heavier than the P rated Tundra tires they replaced.
IMG_2069.jpeg
IMG_2071.jpeg

I run 35" AT3W on my van for 2 years now. 20-25k miles now and at least the same life left. zero noise over regular street tires.

A friend of mine used to work on the Ineos Grenadier and they worked with BFG on a new tire. BFGs target: get better than AT3W again as it's gaining more and more market share ;)

Yes very likely. Spacers have been on so I can run these wheels with the front caps
Thanks! Do you notice the weight difference compared to stock? They are 68 lbs ea, quite heavy for C rated as E rated tires in 295 are only 2 lbs more.

Thanks! Do you notice the weight difference compared to stock? They are 68 lbs ea, quite heavy for C rated as E rated tires in 295 are only 2 lbs more.
Definitely notice the weight coming from P275/65. Still on first tank of gas so we’ll see how bad the hit is

Reactions: LCT
Definitely notice the weight coming from P275/65. Still on first tank of gas so we’ll see how bad the hit is
Did you get a spare as well? Does it have enough clearance underneath the truck?
Thanks for being the first to try it out on a hundy.

Just picked these up. Wildpeak AT4W LT285/70R18 LR-C.
Tundra off road rims, 1.25” spacers. Clears pinch weld *barely* and had to cut a little of the fender liner in front of it.
Initial thoughts are good, just a lot heavier than the P rated Tundra tires they replaced.
View attachment 3553914View attachment 3553915
I’m foaming big time. I got the Amazon 1.5 spacers ready to throw on my 275’s/70/18 but these look soooo good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom