Extended brake hoses after lift, kzj78 prado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I just put a Dobinson 65mm rear and 60mm front lift in my kzj78 prado. Was hoping I wouldn't need to extend my brake hoses but it looks like I have to do that, at full travel they are stretched tighter than a guitar string. So my question is:
a) what size is the hose that i need to order
b) does anyone in canada or the states know of a good vendor that I can get braided stainless lines with the right fitting size and ends? Need about 21 inches for the rear and 14 inches for the front. worst comes to worst I use the rear on the front and just get new rear but would like t go stainless.

Thanks guys,

I'll post some photos when i'm done, got about 4 inches of lift total out of the kit due to very very tired front springs.

Happy festivus

I'm interested in this also. It's one of the things on my list of items to do.

I've used Russell stainless braided brake lines before (on my old MR2 project). I was very happy with them if I remember correct.

I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures of the Dobinson lift in your truck. Did you do castor correction? longer sway bar end links? Adjustable panhard rods?

Which province are you in?

I'm interested in this also. It's one of the things on my list of items to do.

I've used Russell stainless braided brake lines before (on my old MR2 project). I was very happy with them if I remember correct.

I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures of the Dobinson lift in your truck. Did you do castor correction? longer sway bar end links? Adjustable panhard rods?

Which province are you in?

So I ended up needing sway bar extenders for the rear, at full travel the sway bar was hitting the shock. So I ordered a set of extenders from dobinson for both the front and rear. I've added caster correction bushings as well. I'm not adding adjustable panhard bars as it's not really worth it for such a small lift, yes the wheels will be marginally offset but will not adversely affect handling or tire wear. When everything is in and installed I'll definitely Post some photos. I live in Alberta.

Following. My lift is supposed to arrive today.

Did you get a Dobinson lift? They have been amazing for customer service so far. What size are you going with? Install was pretty easy. Followed the slee write up and it worked great. Did need a seeing compressor but just minor compression

I went with Dobinsons higher lift like you. I have an lj 78 but expect similar results. Can you post a link to the slee piece?

Slee - OME Suspension Installation (Toyota 80 Series Land Cruiser)

This is for a slightly different model, but the basics are all the same. I undid all the brake lines on the rear axel and undid the clip holding the hose to the caliper and it gave me enough negative travel to get the springs in.
The front shocks are a bit annoying to get in being inside the spring but if you've got a spare set of hands or some zip ties it is pretty easy.
I think you'll really be happy with the quality of the Dobinson set up and David has been great to deal with here in North America.

b) does anyone in canada or the states know of a good vendor that I can get braided stainless lines with the right fitting size and ends?

Is there a shop in your vicinity that makes brake lines? Any decent race shop, or truck shop, even some NAPAs will make them while you wait. Just take them a sample, or all of them, tell them how long you need and what you want them made of. Faster than mail-order, usually cheaper too.

Is there a shop in your vicinity that makes brake lines? Any decent race shop, or truck shop, even some NAPAs will make them while you wait. Just take them a sample, or all of them, tell them how long you need and what you want them made of. Faster than mail-order, usually cheaper too.

Unfortunately I live in a small town in Alberta. Not much around here. Especially stainless braided.

Well, it was just a thought.

This is what I would use if you wanted to stay Toyota: 96940-34705 (x2) Will work on front or rear. Works for about a 2.5-3" lift.

Do you know how long those are? Just want to make sure it's longer than what I have. That's great though, exactly what I'm looking for. Cheers

You could also use 90080-94070 which is about 20" in length. These are M10x1.0 fittings. In this case, one Male and one Female fitting.
Looking for 20 inches for the rear , 14 inches for the front and that sounds like the right fittings. One side clips into a bracket. Cheers!

Just thought I'd bring this back up to see if what lomoski ended up doing. I checked with my local Toyota dealer and got a price of $72 + US each for these (Toyota: 96940-34705 (x2)) Looking for something a little less spendy if possible. Also Lomoski, we need pics or it didn't happen..;)

Just thought I'd bring this back up to see if what lomoski ended up doing. I checked with my local Toyota dealer and got a price of $72 + US each for these (Toyota: 96940-34705 (x2)) Looking for something a little less spendy if possible. Also Lomoski, we need pics or it didn't happen..;)

Hey JimmyPrao,
I ended up ordering custom stainless brake hose and they work great. Not dot approved, racing only of course. But they work like a champ and I have tons of room for wheeling now.

Got mine from Amayama today!

P1020736.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom