Expeditions West Pics w/ ARB front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

check the vendors section Johathan Ward posted about the Icon a month or so ago, looking for opinions.

here ya go
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=59564&highlight=Icon

Chriscanoe said:
Scott,
Thanks For posting the pic's. Do yuo have anymore of the ICON by TLC. I called them today and they are apparantly going to start producing them in small quanitities. BTW the fj looks much better w/ the bull bar and wheels. It is starting to grow on me now :D

huh? I dont see it being plastic.....better check your eyes :D

yooper said:
The green one isn't real. It's a plastic mockup. Look at the edges of the panels - there is no shadow. Probably there are other differences besides the mirrors.

I dig the ARB, shovel and HiLift on the roof rack, and the Jerry can carrier. Are those real beadlocks?

yeah, my 100's have all(but the front) the windows tinted pretty dark from the factory, its not bad to see out of, seems better then aftermarket type tint

ballardcruiser said:
It's definitely growing on me, too. Dumb question since I haven't bought a new car in, um, forever: is dark window tinting like this on rear windows an option or just standard practice these days? I think if it lacked the futuristic tinting, I might be inclined to really like it. Those rear windows just still don't look right to me.

yeah I am kinds liken it more and more :) with a locker, Traction controll, little lift, tires......its prolly gonna wheel pretty damn well, better than a 100 I bet.

IMG_1962.JPG

but the big ole box in the back needs to go

thx for the pics,
Money burning hole to buy one......(wifes new rig)

this is cool- looks like you can turn on/off the ATRAC. Also is that a rear parking sensor?
Dont see the CDL switch tho, maybe it's on the left of steering wheel
IMG_1954.JPG

I was going to get a GX or a 4Runner in March. After seeing these pics, the tide is turning towards The FJ.

A few questions.

1. Are those the stock 265's?

2. I see The Donohoe's up front, but was there any mods to the rear suspension?

3. Who made the "extra" side skid plates behind the ARB bumper?

4. CDL? Can anyone confirm if it is going to be Full-Time 4WD?

5. T-case ratio? I sure hope it is 4:1

Any responses would be greatly appreciated from you lucky bastsards at the show.

Landpimp said:
yeah I am kinds liken it more and more :) with a locker, Traction controll, little lift, tires......its prolly gonna wheel pretty damn well, better than a 100 I bet.

IMG_1962.JPG

but the big ole box in the back needs to go

Why does the rear door look like it's falling off? Is it just me? Camera angle?

Landpimp said:

It’s not 100% for sure. It has an engine, trans, transfer case, and axles. The body (at least some of it) is not real, not sure if its plastic or possibly clay. The windows are not real (painted black); the hood has NO seams where it meets the fenders and cowl. Parts of the exhaust are missing and it was the only vehicle I saw with a Do not touch sign and the paint is not smooth to the touch. :D Also it was parked alone with not Cruiser to compare it to.

LandCruiserPhil said:
It’s not 100% for sure. It has an engine, trans, transfer case, and axles. The body (at least some of it) is not real, not sure if its plastic or possibly clay. The windows are not real (painted black); the hood has NO seams where it meets the fenders and cowl. Parts of the exhaust are missing and it was the only vehicle I saw with a Do not touch sign and the paint is not smooth to the touch. :D Also it was parked alone with not Cruiser to compare it to.
Looks like maybe the same (or similar) as the one on the SOR site from the Leno show. I would guess it was one of the pre-production test model type thingys.

Damn I just got all the cars paid off. But you never know this thing is definately starting to grow on me. Specially with seeing one with some mods on board.

Landpimp said:

LandCruiserPhil said:

;p ;p Looks like you better check yours! :rolleyes: :D

LandCruiserPhil said:

What Phil said....

It is a mock up

Looks way better with an ARB but still looks like a beached whale. Anyone know what that atrac button does yet?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and speculate that it is used to manually activate/deactivate the ATRAC system, which is a feature the current 4X4 4Runner and 100's don't have.

Ocelot said:
Looks way better with an ARB but still looks like a beached whale. Anyone know what that atrac button does yet?

The green one is in a display by itself with "do not touch" signs all around it, along with a security guard to make sure that's enforced.

The blue one, however, is open game.

The tires are 285/70/17s.

It's really pretty awesome. There's a video they have playing of the FJ Cruiser going over some pretty rough terrain. Not familiar with the trail, but it could be from some rougher sections of the Rubicon.

The only brochure Toyota is handing out for the FJ is this two sided B&W one. One side has specs, including approach and departure angles, wheelbase, etc. And the other side is a testimonial written by Bill Burke about taking the FJ over the Rubicon, basically saying how impressed he was with its performance and that he would own one given the chance.

I'll post some pics I took here in a bit.

Last edited:
its gonna be soo awesome to see one of these..

shocker said:
The only brochure Toyota is handing out for the FJ is this two sided B&W one. One side has specs, including approach and departure angles, wheelbase, etc. And the other side is a testimonial written by Bill Burke about taking the FJ over the Rubicon, basically saying how impressed he was with its performance and that he would own one given the chance.
Please scan and post the literature or email it to a mod and they can post it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom