Builds Evolution of a Land Cruiser: My 80's build thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Life has been crazy lately, haven't even touched the truck. But I finally did get to install my seat covers from @FloridaFJ80! Still have the back row to do.

TuPIhBsh.jpg

I gotta tell you, every person that asks me about an 80 series and how good it can be, I show your truck off and they freak out. It is totally bad to the bone!

Long overdue snow trip! Hit up the Mormon Emigrant Trail with @AMMO. Lots of stuck rigs, kids trying to go where they shouldn't, even got myself buried pretty good a few times. LOTS of snow this year, definitely a welcome sight :cheers:

24574101695_3861521ee8_h.jpg

23945939544_ff9f4f7755_h.jpg

24547912816_0f33fbacbb_b.jpg

24574091575_e4f8c3bb07_h.jpg

24278575680_2696bf7f08_h.jpg

24292907170_c10b4d2875_b.jpg

24506150591_112874a374_b.jpg

And a short video clip

Here's where Jose almost lost his legs...

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1453685694.670950.jpg

What brackets are those on the white 80 holding the roof led bar? And I have to say I've watch you build your truck and everytime I see a pic I got to stop and look at it and say damn! Just amazing

What brackets are those on the white 80 holding the roof led bar? And I have to say I've watch you build your truck and everytime I see a pic I got to stop and look at it and say damn! Just amazing
Thanks, appreciate it! And that white rig belongs to AMMO. Those light bar brackets are DIY.

Sent from my SM-G920V

Here's where Jose almost lost his legs...

View attachment 1197176
I was the only other green 80 on MET, it was nice to see the two rigs in person. I didn't think it was cool to pass you guys, but have to follow our leader to the cliff, plus there were few behind me wanting to get out of there fast. Cheers, and cheers to snow.

I was the only other green 80 on MET, it was nice to see the two rigs in person. I didn't think it was cool to pass you guys, but have to follow our leader to the cliff, plus there were few behind me wanting to get out of there fast. Cheers, and cheers to snow.

Hey man,

I saw your 80, nice rig and cool to see another member out on the trial....

But next time, stop.

Get out.

Introduce yourself.

See if you can help.

Before you follow your "leader" into a ditch... Or end up sliding a rig into someone because your just following everyone else.

We had that guy snatched back up and on the road in 5- 10mins tops...

Think about how long the day could have been with a life flight, and Sherrif investigation...

Again Jose and I were out solo, we pulled countless rigs back onto the road all day long. We are all out to have fun, but if we don't have some common sense and respect for the 4wd community we can all kiss it good bye.

Off soap box.

-A

BTW: the above soap box was not directed at you personally.

More of a general statement, given that was not the best / safest place to pass. Down hill off camber, I had to stay mid trail to keep my rig on level ground for the pull.

-A

BTW: the above soap box was not directed at you personally.

More of a general statement, given that was not the best / safest place to pass. Down hill off camber, I had to stay mid trail to keep my rig on level ground for the pull.

-A

Curious about the V-bar chains you're running. Effective or ineffective in the deep stuff?

Curious about the V-bar chains you're running. Effective or ineffective in the deep stuff?

Ya know chains are a whole different animal... What works today in the snow doesn't work tomorrow or even an hr from now.

I'll tell you this, in hard pack, cold snow that has frozen and thawed a bunch they kick butt. Like crampons!

In soft pow... You generally want more float, and less dig... I haven't run them in the fluff yet... I've heard they can help like a paddle tire.

Last weekend was someplace in the middle, not really fresh, not really frozen, a bunch of mush. They did well, I was running 50 PSI and went everywhere I wanted. Then again Jose followed me without and still got to the same places. So did I need them? Hard to say. But I've found when it's wet and heavy Cascade Concrete snow, our rigs just sink. They are heavy gals, and no matter how much you air down, (gone to 5psi with H1 Dual Beadloc's) you sink. So the added clearance of staying at road PSI and running gains seemed like a good idea.

That said once we could see pavement the chains come off quickly to avoid tearing the V's off.

-A

Tyre pressure lowered?

Not with chains.

But that day neither one of us dropped pressure, I was surprised how well Jose rig did given street pressure and no chains honestly.

-A

Not with chains.

But that day neither one of us dropped pressure, I was surprised how well Jose rig did given street pressure and no chains honestly.

-A
Just I think, but was not particularly deep places under snow suppose ... :о)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom