Builds Evolution of a Land Cruiser: My 80's build thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got back from a pretty awesome camping trip. The initial plan was to do some actual wheeling and then camp with just the wife and I but we had some friends want to tag along last minute. They drive a Toyota Matrix :lol: so we headed off to an area that was supposed to be easier to reach. Well, their car started bottoming out so they had to park while I went to find a place and dropped off my stuff. I then came back and took them to the campsite. So I couldn't do as much exploring as I wanted to but it was great trip. And I think they're in love with the outdoors now and are even considering selling one of their cars for a newish Toyota SUV :)

We ended up near Bowman Lake and Sawmill Lake in the Tahoe National Forest. So many miles of forest roads to explore up here, will definitely be back!

Driving into Bowman Lake

Found a campsite!

Campsite

My wife (on the left) an our two mutts

The road into Sawmill Lake

Sawmill Lake, one of the most beautiful lakes I've ever seen!

Sawmill Lake spilling into Canyon Creek (I think?)

Canyon Creek

Canyon Creek

Canyon Creek

Nice man. Will have to go there sometime...

PAINTED LIGHTS

Just because :hillbilly:

Used the JDM Vans light spray paint. This stuff goes on really nice!

9243059765_b2d5e666f5_b.jpg

$(KGrHqFHJ!sE9BV0EYNBBPQpMzSlQg~~60_35.JPG

:lol: Alright, I admit, I'm not a photographer. Would "post-processed" pictures be technically accurate?
Ha yeah :) I edit all my photos. There's plenty of blurry s***cam photos all over MUD, gotta have some nice pics somewhere at least :D

I sell those Vans sprays. They look fantastic. Whats great is you can not tell they have been sprayed at all. Stays nice and glossy. Only issue is that after a while, the heat from the fog light bulb starts to ruin the finish. It takes some time but it will happen. Then all you have to do is clean it off and do it again. Just another reason to do something on the 80.

I sell those Vans sprays. They look fantastic. Whats great is you can not tell they have been sprayed at all. Stays nice and glossy. Only issue is that after a while, the heat from the fog light bulb starts to ruin the finish. It takes some time but it will happen. Then all you have to do is clean it off and do it again. Just another reason to do something on the 80.
That's good to know! Do you sell the yellow one? These tiny cans aren't cheap! I was really impressed with how easy it went on and the finish, looks just like glass! I'll probably rarely use these lights so the paint should last a while.

Now it's time to paint the 80 ; )
I know I know! I've been dreading this job. I actually sanded the roof down yesterday. I should hurry up and order the Monstaliner since they have free shipping this month with a free can of Chassis Saver

I know I know! I've been dreading this job. I actually sanded the roof down yesterday. I should hurry up and order the Monstaliner since they have free shipping this month with a free can of Chassis Saver

Do it...that chassis saver is great. I have been using it on my 2500 ram build...it's better the por15 in my opinion and not cheap...getting some for free is awesome.

Yes, we do. All 5 colors,

http://www.2kracing.com/Universal_Manufacturer/subcategory/VANS/Exterior/Lens_Spray.html

Not cheap at all. Made in Japan and hell of a finish.
s***, I paid almost $40 for my yellow can, couldn't find them anywhere else cheaper. Apparently my Google-fu was weak that day. I may need to order another can to do the smaller driving lights too :)

What about the amber/orange color? I remember trying to find that years ago for an older car and it was the unicorn color. I would see pics of the can but could never find them for sale.

I have another source for the amber color. Just like a JDM orange.

Sweet build! Look forward to seeing it all one colour. I did not know about Monsterliner before this thread so I ordered up 5 colour chips to see what one will cover my LX some day.

Hey Jose, found a couple of the Vans Sprays in the Orange/Amber color. Let me know if you need any.

Hey Jose, found a couple of the Vans Sprays in the Orange/Amber color. Let me know if you need any.
Hey sorry about that, didn't mean to make you go out and look for them. I was just curious. I don't have anything on the LC that I'd want to paint amber, unless you have any ideas :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom