Engine noise level (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i noticed after i installed 285/75 16 tires the engine seems a little louder when accelerating. Is this normal based on the increased tire weight?

Bump:bounce:

It isn't really engine noise, it is the unconscious motor noises that you are making, because of the additional testosterone released by the taller tires.

It isn't really engine noise, it is the unconscious motor noises that you are making, because of the additional testosterone released by the taller tires.
Must explain
That would explain the excess hair growth. :cheers:

Just a thought, but maybe the sound is reflecting back into the truck/Engine bay/cabin because you're filling more of the wheel well?

Actually I had the same issue. Whenever I would put load on the engine it was louder after larger tires installed. My thought is the engine is working harder to push the bigger tire with no change in gear ratio.

Actually I had the same issue. Whenever I would put load on the engine it was louder after larger tires installed. My thought is the engine is working harder to push the bigger tire with no change in gear ratio.
I was thinking along those lines as well. My larger tires are surprisingly quieter than the old smaller set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom