Engine for 67 FJ40 - Just Seized and Need Rebuild or Replace (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dear Members,

I took my 67 FJ40 to a local mechanic to help with an ignition wiring issue I couldn’t figure out. He took out the distributor to check something and then re-installed it. He started it up and the motor seized after about 5 minutes of running. When I went in to check, it looks like the distributor is not seated all the way, which means the oil pump was not engaged.

IMG_6043.jpeg

The mechanic is a nice guy and I want to find a good and fair resolution. Calling SOR, it looks like they don’t have all the parts for rebuilding this 1F motor. Even if they did, it may make more sense to find a good 2F (or 1F) motor to put in.

Does anyone have a good running engine that I can put in to replace this seized motor? I am in Marin.

Thank you,

Scott

After it’s cooled is it still seized up?

Probably the cheapest solution would be to find a good running 2F and then use all the parts from your F (water pump, intake/exhaust, alternator, clutch/flywheel/bellhousing, etc) and it’ll drop right in.

I’d try calling some of the guys out your way that do engine swaps, Valley Hybrids or TorFab for example. Maybe @TRAIL TAILOR has something laying around.

Still seized after cool. I agree about putting in the 2f. Anyone have one in Northern CA?

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom