Engine crooked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Interesting development. I just dropped in the stock rebuilt 2f into my 87’ FJ60 and noticed it is sitting crooked. At an angle. The motor mounts went in just as I took them out. It seems the front of the engine is sitting closer to the driver side which makes it noticeable. There’s only so much play in the mounts to move it around. Kind of stumped. Any ideas? Thanks.

One motor mount longer than the other? 2Fs are set up a little to the driver side. Did you swap the mounts that connect to the block?

One motor mount longer than the other? 2Fs are set up a little to the driver side. Did you swap the mounts that connect to the block?

No, the mounts that connect to the engine are stock and in the correct position. The only thing that changed was one of the stock rubber mounts broke while taking the engine out. I replaced it with another stock mount. Thanks.

Is it tilted vertically or just askew side-to-side?

I think Spike is right, I don't have a 2F but 2H's are a bit crooked, stock placement.

most Landcruisers were RHD, placing the engine closer to the left frame gave them more room on the right side.
normal, nothing to worry about.

Kinda like taking off a shoe and noticing there's a small toe on the outside of your foot.

ment. I just dropped in the stock rebuilt 2f into my 87’ FJ60 and noticed it is sitting crooked. At an angle. The motor mounts went in just as I took them out. It seems the front of the engine is sitting closer to the driver side which makes it noticeable.

so this is normal then?? I just notice mine is like this because I am going from a weber carb to an "OEM-ish" desmogged carburetor and the throttle linkage gets stuck on the bracket that goes into the carburetor, referencing some other picture in the forum that I have seen from here Gas Pedal STILL sticking! Some pics, anything look outta whack?

How ever mine is sitting like this... getting stuck on the way back in the bracket

it did not make sense to me because I was returning to stock, everything should fit nicely. But then I noticed it... red line is center of front of the truck to the center of the firewall, the thing is crooked.

So if that is normal (I hope) I can star looking somewhere else for the issue.... or start chopping things off

hope you guys can help me out on this one ... I am a little frustrated

the horizontal rod should be level,
what does the firewall bracket look like.
your rod is looks like it is lower at the firewall end??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom