Builds 'Ele'Ele Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After several weeks with dealing with the DRL... Flickering LED headlight issue. I had time this morning to install this relay-anti flicker harness with my heated, military Truck-Lite LEDs.

RESULTS------------

DRL works properly---- lights on properly ---- low/highs properly. Proper shutoff in the on or off position with key and/or door switch opening.

You have to cut the input connector off the harness plug and the OEM factory plug off the DS input and butt connect the two.

It works perfect............. no more cock eye, flicker, low/high, DRL issues with the Military TruckLite LEDs I bought and installed

Jason

Harness I used is here for 20$:

IMG_20191214_101201689.jpg

I need a rear panhard bar. Wish they were in stock when I got my shocks and diff drop, but you can't have everything in life ;)

I need a rear panhard bar. Wish they were in stock when I got my shocks and diff drop, but you can't have everything in life ;)

5 pallets of TD parts are in customs as of this afternoon... Will be back in stock soon.

J

Been sick all week and still not back to normal or work, but need to say I had a few issues that one I didn't have time to deal with and two the expertise.

My heater would barely get warm and windows were all SLOW and one stuck and my windows were fogged up every morning. Andy @fj80psi (Autoworks here in Redding) is my go to cruiser mechanic and I use one of his guys most every Sat and some Sun. He also does most of my Tough Dog suspension installs and UCA arm work as well.

They cleaned all the drains, opened up all the doors and cleaned and greased motors etc, then spent hours cleaning and soaking and flushing my heater core.

Results were like a new car. I live about 1/2 mile from my shop. Never before have I experienced heat before getting to the shop. My fogging is gone and windows as Speedy Gonzales compared to the pre-cleaning.

Just a shout out for great work from some really good people and friends.

Jason

I need to be closer to your cruiser guy. I need the old window “mod” and the heater core “mod”.

I need to be closer to your cruiser guy. I need the old window “mod” and the heater core “mod”.

After the flush they soaked the core with solution for about a day and chunks of crap came out after that. Andy might chime in on how to or what exact procedures to request from your local shop.

J

Been sick all week and still not back to normal or work, but need to say I had a few issues that one I didn't have time to deal with and two the expertise.

My heater would barely get warm and windows were all SLOW and one stuck and my windows were fogged up every morning. Andy @fj80psi (Autoworks here in Redding) is my go to cruiser mechanic and I use one of his guys most every Sat and some Sun. He also does most of my Tough Dog suspension installs and UCA arm work as well.

They cleaned all the drains, opened up all the doors and cleaned and greased motors etc, then spent hours cleaning and soaking and flushing my heater core.

Results were like a new car. I live about 1/2 mile from my shop. Never before have I experienced heat before getting to the shop. My fogging is gone and windows as Speedy Gonzales compared to the pre-cleaning.

Just a shout out for great work from some really good people and friends.

Jason
Thanks for coming to our little Town of Redding Jason! It's great to have gotten to know you and watch your Builds. I'm looking forward to hitting the Trails with you when we can make some time. Appreciate the quality parts and customers you send our way!

Yo yo yo @FJ60Cam

Get that new shop ready and lets figure this turbo system out.

Once @fj80psi and I get the turbo dialed in @fj80psi will be looking for a few shops to do installs on his packaged kits. @FJ60Cam is on my list for the 100 SAS kit swaps once they are developed. SO this would be a nice little flare add on for those customers...

J

My 4" tapered wire TourFlex prototype coils are being boxed up in Australia today. Can't wait for 5.29s, 5" overall lift and 37s.

Edit not to mention a bit of boost and 70/80 more HP. I'm going pretty mild on what this kit will do. We think I will be about 60-70% of its potential.

J

Last edited:
How would it do if you have rear AUX tank and also river crossings?
Tank... that could be a problem. River crossings were never a problem for my 80 as I regularly submerged the Turbo. Everything is sealed. Mine is mounted where the Spare was, we just moved the mount up a few inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom