Electrical wiring Harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I am having to rewire my fj80 after the wiring harness got fried. I don't know much about this area, so I have a question. In the pic, is that big wiring harness with the green tape part of the engine wire harness or is that the cowl wire? Any help would be appreciated. This was the harness that got fried.

77F60E19-D153-4EEA-B052-C880E977EA3D (2).JPG

That sounds like a bad day. I dont envy you. What got fried and how? Maybe you could just splice the damaged wire?

The engine wire harness goes around the back of the engine and connects to the ecu behind the glovebox. You dont need to pull the dash.

We still don't know how it happened but somehow the battery shorted out and fried all electronics.

Oh, that picture just makes me tired. Holy cow. Best of luck.

yep its time for a wiring replacement. I wouldn't stop with the cowl harness, if I were looking at that I would be thinking about rewiring the whole rig. Did the previous owner up amp their fuses? You're lucky it didn't burn up the rig.

You weren't kidding when you said fried....You let all of the smoke out of the wire, not just a little. Don't envy you at all I would find a donor vehicle and start from there. Good luck, I'm sure you needed a winter project. Probably wasn't this though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom