Electrical gremlin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to chase down a electrical issue lost my dome light, radio and clock power does anyone know where i can find the junction block 2 as per service manual that seems to be where all 3 are tied together

Last edited:
Dome fuse under the hood controls that, maybe you can back trace the wires
There's power going out of the fuse I'm working on tracing down the wires now but somewhere there has to be a junction where all three tie together

My EWD calls it the "J3" junction.
J3 EWD.JPG

I think it's way up in the cowl harness, maybe accessible if you pull the instrument cluster, I'm not sure.
It may be easier to run a new wire/circuit from the DOME fuse.
J3.JPG

Heck even if it isnt one of those it wouldn't hurt to unplug, clean them and lube them up
its strange not only did i lose my constant hot to each one ,but i also lost my switched hot off of the ignition switch, I'm thinking of just running a new circut from the fuse but where would i tie it in at so everything would work as it should, thats why im looking for the first place they tie together after the fuse in the engine compartment

I'm thinking of just running a new circut from the fuse but where would i tie it in at so everything would work as it should
Behind the left kick panel, tucked into the A-pillar, you should find the 6-pin plug for the dome lights. Try applying +12V to the BLUE/YELLOW wire in the #2 position on that plug.
That should at least get the dome lights going, and maybe the radio and clock as well.

its strange not only did i lose my constant hot to each one ,but i also lost my switched hot off of the ignition switch
....But this tells me maybe more is going on, and there may be a common denominator.
By "switched hot", do you mean ACC. voltage? That would be supplied by the "CIG" fuse.

My lighter fuse is good but I have no power to my lighter also it was intermittent for a while then it all went dead which tells me bad connection I will try your idea later on all fuses are good I'm just in the process of tracking it down now my thoughts exactly I'm looking for the common denominator were all three points intersect and start from there thank you for your help by switched hot I mean ignition on

I'm looking for the first Junction for all three right after coming off of the dome fuse am I to understand that the Dome fuse also feeds the radio and clock

Yep, sorry, guess I assumed you knew that.

Update
Yep, sorry, guess I assumed you knew that.
I put voltage to the terminal you suggested my clock and radio are working as they should but my dome light is only working in the on position not with the door open switches

on the cooling fan relay in the left kick panel there are three blue yellow wires I put voltage to those wires on the relay and everything works as it should but there is no voltage coming into that relay with ignition on or off, still trying to track it down

How are your door locks behaving? Check your A pillar fit moisture. Pull out the two connectors that go to the door and see if the foam is wet. This circuit (The 8 pin connector) affects all those accessories your taking about. Mine was burned up, but I was having intermittent door lock issues along with it. Good easy place to check.

How are your door locks behaving? Check your A pillar fit moisture. Pull out the two connectors that go to the door and see if the foam is wet. This circuit (The 8 pin connector) affects all those accessories your taking about. Mine was burned up, but I was having intermittent door lock issues along with it. Good easy place to check.
my door locks are working normally but I will check that thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom