Trade Early parts for Aisan SD40 blue plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cppilot

1965 FJ45 LPB original second owner
SILVER Star
Threads
I have some early parts I’m willing to trade. Looking for (2) SD40 blue plates. Here are some items to trade:

Blue bag with inspection lamp.
Early 63-65 jack
Carburetor to manifold spacer (new old stock)
Fantastic 64 to ———? bezel
Early choke and throttle cables
Right side rear taillight assembly with lens for a
74060718-BF8E-4B35-9BD5-855EA6903A45.jpeg
311EA074-4001-4CFC-8C03-4C371C8E4C09.jpeg
E85BA61D-91A2-422A-A491-71D54F1881D1.jpeg
623371C6-41DB-4AF0-B1C2-A545E0BE2774.jpeg
175B7FF1-BB04-42DB-A8A7-1D04ED28FF35.jpeg
FJ45 LP-B

Shoot me a pm if you want to work out a trade.

Regards
Mark

Last edited:
No, these are things I would be willing to work out a deal if someone interested.

Hey Whitey, hope all is well with you...just digging out a few treasures to try and find not only one but two of those elusive blue plates.

I also have an early New Old Stock flasher...

291E097A-B601-4986-BDD2-12ACF920FCA8.jpeg

Last edited:
just a tech question about the blue plate.
was there a year range for the blue versus the plain grey plate?
did all the carbs come with a plate either blue or grey?

My 65 FJ45 lpb came with the grey plate for sure. I think the blue was early to 63 or 64. Yes all big window SD40"s up to and including 65 came with either an blue or grey plate behind the glass to help see the float level better . Not sure about the 66 model year. Theory is that when most were rebuilt, the grey or blue paint was stripped by the parts cleaner or thrown away.

Does this answer the question.

Well, clearly no takers, kind of like the finding a site glass for these. Going back through the archives, it looks like you tried to find a manufacturer for to replicate these and found an $8000 set up charge. Wonder with all the 3d work nowadays if we could get a mold CNC'd to make a vice stamp? Then maybe have someone like @dogfishlake powder coat the aluminum with the aisin name/logo taped off prior to coating. @Krondor had a buddy cnc a site glass mold but nobody seems to know how to form the glass. I wonder if his guy could cnc a stamping mold? Can anyone confirm the plates were aluminum and their thickness? i don't think we could get the rolled edge but might be able to get the depression.
1589397747687.png

He can for sure machine a stamping mold. Shouldn’t be difficult. If someone can provide details, I can make a 3D model for him to machine out. He also has a press that we can use to stamp out the plates. May take some trial and error. Also if you have a super high quality image, I can see about possibly laser etching it into the plate. May be easier than masking it off.

Yeah, no takers...
ironically I"m in the process of trying this endeavor again with different vendor and process. Just dropped off my 65 Grey plate with another metal works guy. He said he would get back to me shortly. I"m of thinking lasering out the logo and Aisan script and then anodized the aluminum. The punched out half moons may not be necessary with this process. Also waiting back to hear from the anodizer shop.

I have been wanting to do this for a while. So here we go again....Maybe this time we will succeed. :)

Mark

Who's got good colored blue plate to loan me again...Need to get the color right.
ThanksIt will be returned and some finished product as well.

Let me know

Who's got good colored blue plate to loan me again...Need to get the color right.
ThanksIt will be returned and some finished product as well.

Let me know

did I loan you mine, years ago? maybe 8 years ago? I sent 1 to someone in OR for a try to reproduce and he couldn't come up with anything reasonable.
could probably dig the old thread up out of the archives.
I forgot the blue plate only had 2 half moons and the grey has 3

Paul yes, Thats me. You sent me the Grey plate. I worked hard on getting to to come to fruition but it was just to costly at the time to get the tooling done. I sent your Grey plate back to you. I just looked at the thread today. If you want to send a grey and a blue that would be helpful, if not I understand. I"m trying a different direction this time around unless someone else can get it done before thats great.

Regards
Mark

Paul, I would only need the blue one on LOAN.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom