Wanted early F engine chassis support mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scoobiedubes

SILVER Star
Threads
The driver side chassis engine mount for the FJ28 is pretty toast. We can probably repair it but hoping maybe someone has one already. I'm not sure if the FJ40 mounts were the same or not, but it's from an F135 so perhaps it is? Kind of doubt it since the PN is BJ20 51212. Please let me know if anybody has one. Thanks!
1589915067199.jpeg

IMG_6655.jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 12.06.49 PM.png

looks like the 40-series one is reversed (mounts are on the inside of the bracket vs the outside). If I can't find a 20 series mount, I think I could possibly use a 40 series and just cut some of the pieces and re-weld them.

1589917474383.jpeg

Nathan

The bracket in your last photo looks like a passenger rear mount from a 40. I am not familiar with 28 series mounts, but I can tell you that the 40 series front are not perpendicular to the frame. They slope down, and the ears on the engine mounts have the same angle. IIRC, my FJ25 had a saddle mount on the front of the engine, and went into perpendicular brackets like yours. Sooo, maybe ask in the 25 forum?

I just went out and looked at my 66 FJ45LV. It has the perpendicular mount on the rear engine like the one I had posted earlier. Maybe changed later on? or were the 40s different from the 45s? Please excuse the crustiness!
IMG_9524.jpeg

IMG_9525.jpeg

IMG_9526.jpeg

How soon do you need it? My parts car has them however I would need to pull the engine first before removing it and I’m in the middle of 2 big projects right now.

DEF9B15B-A388-408E-A3BD-CD7878233303.jpeg

6449A76F-98EB-4040-AD5B-6417DC051B42.jpeg

How soon do you need it? My parts car has them however I would need to pull the engine first before removing it and I’m in the middle of 2 big projects right now.

View attachment 2312715

View attachment 2312716
Oh boy yeah that would be a job... I picked up a 40 series mount and going to see if we can modify it to look like the 20 series in the meantime. If that doesn’t work would have to try to repair or fab a new one. Don’t change your schedule for me obviously but please do reach out when you get around to pulling that engine and see if I’m still in need. I hope to have a rolling chassis within the next month or so.

Nathan, I still have the early FJ25 with the front bracket you could inspect. Never paid close attention to how close it is to rhe right rear on the 40 series. Should have a few of the 40 series right rear brackets. Won't be in town for a couple of weeks. Then only for a few days.

Thanks John, I'm hoping to find someone that doesn't mind "donating" or selling one otherwise we will have to try to either repair or make (possibly from a 40 series mount) one of them. I'm guessing your early 25 you wouldn't want to have cut up? Or do you have a parts truck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom