dual turn signal lense colors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been in contact with a few companies that manufacture injection molded lenses.

I'm trying to dig up some specifics:

1) I understand that the front lense was a different
color than the back one, the only one that I
have to go off of is one of my rear ones (the
deeper of the two) which is badly faded but it
appears to have been red maybe?

2) are the colors of the lenses the same as any
others located on the vehicle(s)?

Just to be clear, the lense in question is the dual lense front turn signal located on the fender

Last edited:
Amber front red back if that helps. The back one I have is red. I would be interested in a set of rear tail lights if you do these also. I will be up north this weekend and will try to find my set of turn signals. I think the one I have is in better shape. Of course I haven't seen the ones on your since the first of the year. But I remember thinking they were not good enough for repro.:cheers:

John

the one I have is a little rough

several cracks, and the outer edge is a bit beat-up

I'm going to contact KOITO's USA distributor located in Florida about these also. Figured it couldn't hurt.

the rear one I have here is got some possible model #'s on it. L 1046 ?

wonder if the front one is L 1045/7 ?
dual lenses 001.jpg
dual lenses 002.jpg
dual lenses 003.jpg

Are the one SOR sells not very close to OEM's?

The rear tail light lenses that Mike has are from the same source that SOR's are coming from. A front bib lense was used, not a tail light lense. They are close but not the same.

I will check this weekend for my turn signals. The lense is not crack and would probably be better for a repro. But it's up to you.

John

The rear tail light lenses that Mike has are from the same source that SOR's are coming from. A front bib lense was used, not a tail light lense. They are close but not the same.

I will check this weekend for my turn signals. The lense is not crack and would probably be better for a repro. But it's up to you.

John

that sounds great John, thanks

John, was wondering if you had any luck with these during your move?

Sorry no luck. Now I need to clean out the new garage to make room to bring back stuff from up north. What the going rate for scarp metal.

John

Just got back from the cabin for the first time in three months. Never guess what I found hidden in a Peerless plunbing box. Now just need an address to mail it too.

John

Not sure if these are stock or not. Came on my '62 FJ40.
IMG_8439 (1).jpg
IMG_8449 (1).jpg

Not sure if these are stock or not. Came on my '62 FJ40.

Never seen them adapted with the original base like that. Usually they drill a big hole in the apron and mount them there.........or take a hammer to the fender to make them stand up straight. :)

Hard to tell, but it looks like a small one :meh:
...if no one has some to spare, I'll get new ones :steer:

Hard to tell, but it looks like a small one :meh:
...if no one has some to spare, I'll get new ones :steer:

I may have stuck my foot in my mouth on that one Dean, as it appears they changed tail lights in '64 and that looks to be the one you need :doh:

but I am confident that isn't the correct front turn signal:grinpimp:

I wouldn't waste my time on used taillights when you can get those new.

My 64 had the fj25 style rear lamps. I guess it depends on when you got it in 64

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom