Driver seat heater won't turn off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just like the title says, a few weeks ago it just won't turn off.

2016 model.

It seems somehow tied to the "AUTO" feature for the climate control. When it's on AUTO and set to pull air in from outside, the seat heater will turn off. If it's anything but that, the seat heater will run. No matter what I have it set to, the seat heater just keeps running full blast. I can even turn the seat cooler on and it will run both of them at the same time.

Any idea what this issue is? I took it to Toyota and they spent 3 hours investigating and couldn't figure it out. I told them to stop trying.

I don't have experience with the 2016, but my 2008 did that at one point. Replacing the seat heater switch fixed the issue. I ordered one from China on e-bay for 1/4 the price of the stateside options.

I'm not sure how integrated the seat heater switch is on the 2016+, but on the 2008-2011s it's a stand alone unit.

Had this happen on my '18 a few years back, after some water intrusion down near the driver's door/foot well. Like alone the sill. Seat heater on all the time for weeks, eventually I just opened it all up one day, all doors/windows/sunroof to let everything air/dry out. Was the only thing I could think of. Seemed to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom