DRAWER SYSTEM W/Add Ons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

birds=chat
drawer systems=outfitting

;)

Firetruck41

I hear 'ya. But the sign says... "Camping equipment, workshop tools, survival gear - all those "other" required toys!" Guns come under the heading of 'required toys'.

M

Mike S said:
Firetruck41

I hear 'ya. But the sign says... "Camping equipment, workshop tools, survival gear - all those "other" required toys!" Guns come under the heading of 'required toys'.

M

Thata boy :)

Im hopefully gonna order the slee drawer system in a month or so. Does anyone happen to know if the fridge slide will hold the big ARB? The slide he sells by itself says it works for the two smaller fridges. I want the biggun and didnt know if it would fit.

Also, as a side question.....how does that light tan color match the darker brown interior of an older 80?

skyshark186 said:
Im hopefully gonna order the slee drawer system in a month or so. Does anyone happen to know if the fridge slide will hold the big ARB? The slide he sells by itself says it works for the two smaller fridges. I want the biggun and didnt know if it would fit.

Also, as a side question.....how does that light tan color match the darker brown interior of an older 80?

Skyshark: The slider portion of my AO drawers, that is designed for the fridge, that I also got from Slee measures 21.5"W x 40.25"L. Keep in mind if you are going to use this with your middle seats in the upright position the rearward inclination of the seats will reduce the effective available length for your fridge. I don't know the dimensions of the "big ARB"...but my Waeco CF50/51 along with my subwoofer fits on the slide perfectly.

Don't know about your 80 brown color...however my drawers are beige and they match my '99 100 beige interior perfectly.

Mike S said:
Firetruck41

M

Ditto

Mike S said:
Firetruck41

M
Ya got me! :doh: :D

I'll try again:
drawer systems=drawer systems thread
birds=bird thread

It's all good :)

Bird hunting = guns
Guns + Landcruiser= Secure drawer system
Landcruiser - Secure drawer system = -guns
-guns= -bird hunting

THUS

2*Bird hunting = secure drawer system?
Oh :ban: did I suck at writing proofs......

How are the locks on these drawer systems anyway? If anyone has close up pics of the the factory locks on the various systems or your own solutions please post em' . I'm putting together a drawer system for a long hunting trip and I'll be hauling a couple of guns, no 1000$ shell shuckers mind you ,but I'd rather not donate any of my old clunker doubles to local "Charities". Any ideas on a "hardened" drawer? It would be nice for storing the computer/gps/camera and other valuables as well, particularily while I'm away from the truck for extended periods.

:cheers:
Michael

Snorider,

Glad to see another SXS man here.

Grouseman

What a great thread. I'm emailing Jeff Kaufmann right now to see if he'll build me a set of drawers for my FJ62.

I use a 1964 Fox Model B for grouse. My parents gave it to me for my 40th birthday - I was born in 1964 too. Amazingly the gun points naturally for me and so far I've everything I've shot at. :cheers:

Yooper,

The B is a good gun. I had a 20 ga. and shouldn't have sold the durn thing. I whacked more than a few birds with it. Hey I will be up your way in about 2-3 weeks with my new drawer system, chasing Grouse. (Jeff K. is ordering materials for my system as we speak.)

Grouseman

Last edited:
I just posted a long explanation about the platform in my '94 in "Sleeping Mattress for Landcruiser"

Needs drawers, but....

This thread inspired me to take the plunge and spend some $$ and time on a storage/sleeping platform system for the 60. I admit to bald faced plagerism of the ideas pictured in this post..
100_1011.jpg
100_1012.jpg

My carpentry "Skilz" are somewhat less than "madd" but wrapping the whole thing in 20$ worth of Home cheapo I/O carpet makes every joint tight and quiet. :flipoff2: Instead of cutting the custom curved pieces which sit on the wheel well I used twin slot shelf brackets. They won't twist and have thick powder coating which makes them really quiet. As an added plus they were made by an Italian factory worker, saving me time and :beer: :beer: . I just cut the support rails for the shelf brackets to fit, drilled a couple holes and screwed them to the drawer box. Done! I also used them to support the sleeping platform, which just slides backward to allow use of the rear seat. To remove the whole shebang requires removing 4 screws. I haven't finished build ing drawers but they have an oval cutout in the backs to allow skis/ shell shucker guncases to slide all the way to the front seats. This Forum kicks Ass!

:cheers:
Michael

NMuzj100 said:
Some nice drawers here with some other options and ideas.

Truck Vault - drawer systems

t-ss1N.jpg

I'm not positive but I think the TV drawers are made from wood. Not, in and of itself, a bad thing...just in a 'perfect' world I prefer metal.

spressomon said:
I'm not positive but I think the TV drawers are made from wood. Not, in and of itself, a bad thing...just in a 'perfect' world I prefer metal.

From Truck Vault ...

What is the TruckVault made from?
TruckVault Products are manufactured from Medium Density Overlay (MDO). This is the same material you may recognize from its use as highway sign board.

How does MDO compare with metal?
Metal is heavier. Distinct advantages of TruckVault Products include the fact that MDO does not attract moisture, allowing you to store firearms, cameras and other sensitive valuables for long periods of time with much less risk than one would encounter using metal or plastic materials. MDO is a silent partner in your vehicle, no banging or rattling.

Can I haul heavy items on my TruckVault?
The top surface is 5/8 inch MDO, which is as strong as the floor in your home. Essentially, you can haul anything you can load on top of your TruckVault.​

I guess I need to go look at some highway signs to see if this is a good thing. I thought highway signs were metal.

I still prefer metal for this application. I think if someone is going to store a gun in either type of drawer you would want it to be foam/insultative padded for proper protection anyway. A matter of choice with your $$$. Knowing the weight of Xdensity board (90lbs/4'x8' sheet/5/8") and having alot of experience constructing with this material it is hard to imagine it is lighter and as durable as my AO drawers. JMO.

NMuzj100 said:
Some nice drawers here with some other options and ideas.

Truck Vault - drawer systems

t-ss1N.jpg

those seem like what i'm after. i'd like to have something like a security drawer or bin for the rear of my 60 to throw 'stuff' in that needs to be secured whether someone can see it or not. if anyone else knows of other options like this, please let me know.

they have one that appears to be a smallish safe that's removable. excellent concept. thanks for showing this!

Photogod,

That's very nice

Alvaro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom