Dometic CF-80 Fridge/Freezer 80l $456.79 on Amazon! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Retail is $900+ Amazon average is $798 and yesterday I saw this drop to $456.79. Still at this price as of today 1:46P ET. I just picked one up for my build.

Anyone else notice this? Perhaps this model is being discontinued? Walmart.com also has it for $456.

Anyone here have one and carry to comment on their experiences? Hard to find many reviews but looks like a large nice unit for the price!

Amazon.com: Dometic CF-80US Portable Freezer/Refrigerator - 2.8 cu. ft.: Automotive

Dometic CF-80US Portable Freezer/Refrigerator - 2.8 cu. ft. (B00T36NHCU)

Holy crap!

I guess no one responded because they all ran over there to buy one. LOL

I'd say I wish this had been available when I bought my Engel but it's just way too big to stuff into an 80 IMO.

Looks like a deal. But 7 amps on 12 volts will be hard to feed more than 1 night. Still, a bargain for a 12 volt refrigerator this big.

@JCruse I think you're good with the Engel. Mine is 14 years old and still runs perfectly. And I have a much older one that also runs well.

Retail is $900+ Amazon average is $798 and yesterday I saw this drop to $456.79. Still at this price as of today 1:46P ET. I just picked one up for my build.

Anyone else notice this? Perhaps this model is being discontinued? Walmart.com also has it for $456.

Anyone here have one and carry to comment on their experiences? Hard to find many reviews but looks like a large nice unit for the price!

Amazon.com: Dometic CF-80US Portable Freezer/Refrigerator - 2.8 cu. ft.: Automotive

Dometic CF-80US Portable Freezer/Refrigerator - 2.8 cu. ft. (B00T36NHCU)
Ive been eyeing this for a couple days now, my only issue is ponying up for a drop slide. any plans kicking about on a DIY drop slide

Looks like a deal. But 7 amps on 12 volts will be hard to feed more than 1 night. Still, a bargain for a 12 volt refrigerator this big.

@JCruse I think you're good with the Engel. Mine is 14 years old and still runs perfectly. And I have a much older one that also runs well.

This likely has the same compressor as the ARB units, and based on this review below, its pullling 2.2Ah which is inline with the other top fridges on the market.

Dometic CF-80 fridge mini-review - Expedition Portal

I'm planning to run this fridge in my Tundra on an isolated 200Ah battery system with twin 100W Renogy panels and an MPPT controller. This should be more than sufficient to keep this fridge running year round with just solar.

I'm planning to run this fridge in my Tundra on an isolated 200Ah battery system with twin 100W Renogy panels and an MPPT controller. This should be more than sufficient to keep this fridge running year round with just solar.

Agree, that's plenty of power and storage to run this or any other "normal" 12 volt refrigerator. Plenty!

The 7 amps was from the Amazon ad. It may well be less, and worth measuring. They may be referencing the compressor draws 7 amps on start up, and then less when actually running.

Still, this looks like an excellent deal to me. If I had a need, I'd be buying right now.

80L is a big unit great price if you have the room. Dometic/Waeco has been a popular pick across the pond for a long time. I have run a Waeco for several years and have found it to be efficient with features that work for my needs.

This caught my eye Amazon.com : Della Portable Refrigerator Freezer Camping Travel Fishing RV Boat Family Cooler- 49L Capacity - 12VDC : Patio, Lawn & Garden although smaller hard to beat @$320 shipped
I tried for a long time to confirm that the Dellas are essentially Dometic fridges, even wrote to the company (who has a terrible website, btw). Do you know they are the same?

I tried for a long time to confirm that the Dellas are essentially Dometic fridges, even wrote to the company (who has a terrible website, btw). Do you know they are the same?

I do not

I did take a quick look on any warranty info but contact of the manufacture was all I found or suggested.

80L is a big unit great price if you have the room. Dometic/Waeco has been a popular pick across the pond for a long time. I have run a Waeco for several years and have found it to be efficient with features that work for my needs.

Thanks, Ive heard lots of good things about Dometic but not many reviews on the CF80, probably because it's so big. It's going under a platform in the back of a 6.5' Tundra bed, enclosed in a Snugtop shell, so plenty of room.

748618d1488340296-thodhyes-mountain-build-tundra-custom-platform-aluminum.jpg

Looks like it's only .7-1.3A if running AC. Not too shabby at all. I'm very, extremely, tempted to order one. But 80L is a big bitch, probably too big for my 200.

The power consumption on AC isn't really an issue. Usually when you have AC, you have basically unlimited amounts of it.

DC power consumption is critical. The EP article seems to emphasize when it would it the battery shut off voltage, not cumulative power consumed.

But even so, this looks like a really good deal, assuming the power use isn't crazy high. But, yeah, it's big.

The power consumption on AC isn't really an issue. Usually when you have AC, you have basically unlimited amounts of it.

DC power consumption is critical. The EP article seems to emphasize when it would it the battery shut off voltage, not cumulative power consumed.

But even so, this looks like a really good deal, assuming the power use isn't crazy high. But, yeah, it's big.

True, unless you have a dual battery inverter setup, in which case you'd be "somewhat" set. But I agree most people run off of DC so DC consumption is an important number to most.

If it's still around on Friday I'm ordering.

If it's still around on Friday I'm ordering.

Price just jumped to $615 on Amazon/Walmart. Looks like this deal is done. Track it on camelcamelcamel.com if you want alerts. Mine should be here tomorrow :clap:

The way chinese factories work for the last 15-20 years they're very agile (their word) - they can alter any and every bit of design or parts to suit the buyer. That means "the same" unit can be very different inside, or even outside as in plastic for the case etc. So the factory can sell inferior "Dometics" to a buyer, or Dometic can buy inferior versions of their own unit for rebranding.
Not saying that it is inferior, just that looks can be very deceiving. Just look at our RTT's.

Last edited:
The way chinese factories work for the last 15-20 years they're very agile (their word) - they can alter any and every bit of design or parts to suit the buyer. That means "the same" unit can be very different inside, or even outside as in plastic for the case etc. So the factory can sell inferior "Dometics" to a buyer, or Dometic can buy inferior versions of their own unit for rebranding.
Not saying that it is inferior, just that looks can be very deceiving. Just look at our RTT's.
Well, guess we need a volunteer to buy a Della and take that sucker apart to find the compressor manufacturer, at least!

Well, guess we need a volunteer to buy a Della and take that sucker apart to find the compressor manufacturer, at least!

That's real swell of you pal. Let us know what you find.

I went to the Amazons sellers web page for warranty info on the Dellas and found nothing. Tried the phone number provided and every time I called it would rings twice and go dead. Any hope or confidence on a deal is now gone:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom