Dogs of MUD!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My wife does this on the phone with my daughter and all three of them get ramped up. The pup takes 10 min to calm down. Fun to see….the first 3 times! Six months later it tests my patience as this 72lbs of muscle lands in my lap as she dances around the room
 
My wife does this on the phone with my daughter and all three of them get ramped up. The pup takes 10 min to calm down. Fun to see….the first 3 times! Six months later it tests my patience as this 72lbs of muscle lands in my lap as she dances around the room

Ya he was fired up. He grabbed his bite toy and started chasing my pitbull

He's only 50 lbs right now.
 
Nice winter evening walk around the lagoon with the boy.

20260722_173617.webp
 
Not looking good for the old man. Day before yesterday I went for a test drive around the block and came back to Pig sitting across the parking lot in a spot he usually doesn't go to. When I called him he just stayed there, went over to him and he got up and wouldn't put any weight on his right rear leg. He was absolutely normal before i went for that test drive. Took him in and was given some gabapentin and told to minimize his activity and if there's no progress by friday, we need to do some x-rays. Been having to help him get on his feet in the morning just to go outside, and bring the water bowl periodically to wherever he's laying down. Between the intense heat and medication, the poor man is just miserable, as am I seeing him hurting
1000000626.webp

Been keeping the fan on him and giving him pieces of frozen strawberry fruit bars periodically through the day. So far it's seeming like there's been no forward progress. Wondering if someone hit him with a car in the lot. Either that or something happened chasing one of the stray cats that I wasn't there to stop him from doing.
1000000655.webp
 
Yesterday was the first day I didn't see any muscle spasms but he was still laying around looking miserable and overheated. He would drink every time I brought water, but still avoiding getting up
1000000679.webp


Towards the afternoon I ran to HEB to grab some dinner for me and more fruit bars for all of us. I got back and unloaded the goods, cracked open a bar, and almost tripped over him because he appeared out of nowhere. Most optimistic I've felt all week.
1000000682.webp


He's still having a hard time, but he's made effort to get up and get moving, especially if a fruit bar is involved. Watching him drop a deuce today looked way less painful (and hilarious at the same time). Called the Doc and reported the lack of spasms, wincing at touch, willingness to move at the sound of cellophane and was told to minimize his movement and call back Monday. They didn't feel like x-rays were going to be needed and are thinking a soft tissue issue is the problem. Can't tell you enough how good it feels seeing him outside under his own power
1000000720.webp
 
He's probably about 70% back. All I can do at this point is make him happy and not throw rocks to keep him from trying to run because he absolutely will if I do. He's been whittling this stump down all season, I'll have to get before/after pics as the season comes to a close if the stump even makes it that far.
1000000786.webp
1000000787.webp


Windows is the exact opposite; He rolls down to the shallow part and lays down long enough to cool his balls off then finds a place to lounge in the sun. Can't think of a better way to deal with a Monday morning (pics shot at 8:30 this am)
1000000801.webp
 
Took my pup to the beach today, ran into another owner who had a 2-year-old Czechoslovakian sable German shepherd, so it was kind of cool to see what mine might look like when he's full size

27787.webp
 
This little *sshole went out to potty this morning and discovered our barn cat was in the front yard and tried to eat her. I separated them, and tossed the cat over the fence. And then the cat jumped back over the fence and attacked him for round 2.

PXL_20260730_152525812.webp
PXL_20260730_123609358.MP.webp

I did not plan on a trip to the vet this morning.
 
This little *sshole went out to potty this morning and discovered our barn cat was in the front yard and tried to eat her. I separated them, and tossed the cat over the fence. And then the cat jumped back over the fence and attacked him for round 2.

View attachment 4185890View attachment 4185891
I did not plan on a trip to the vet this morning.
Gotta love the fighting spirit.
 
By the way, my comments apply to you too for jumping in the fray, and for getting them to a vet💪.
I've become somewhat of an authority in intervening in animal fights, unfortunately.
17855096541588575382831527353685.webp

Both arms and hands look my like this from 62 years of animal intervention and wrenching.

The hardest part is in recognizing what's happening and then sending the correct signals to your ape brain to act.

Without that, humans will 100% of the time do the wrong thing. And I've done the wrong thing a lot and that's how I've learned
 
Katie and Gamble debating over who should return the frisbee. Than later they tortured a housefly on a bed.

PXL_20260731_120901716.webp


PXL_20260731_182948045.MP.webp
 
I’m betting as tough as the bites and scratches are, nothing beats a slipping wrench against a steel frame!
 
I’m betting as tough as the bites and scratches are, nothing beats a slipping wrench against a steel frame!
I’m your Huckleberry😉!

I used to teach statistics and would tell my students not to gamble because they can’t build those casinos if the odds are that you are going home with more money than you came in with. If I’m willing to make abet it’s because I already know the outcome and I’m willing to take your money if you’re silly enough to bet with me after I’ve told you that I don’t gamble. This is one of those times when I’d say, I’m your Huckleberry. I’ll take that bet that you mention.

I used to wear the padded suits and get bit by dogs being trained to do protection/pursuit/arrest work. I’ve had to break up a fight that broke out between them. Breaking that fight up was scarier than any fight I had to break up when I was a bouncer in a redneck bar that also attracted bikers when a certain band was playing.

My former daughter-in-law is a canine handler. She has a Malinois. The dogs in her department have done permanent nerve damage and broken bones in both their handlers and the people they arrest.

Mike Ritland, a retired Navy Seal handler/trainer tells a story about a Malinois going into a hide to get a sniper and ripping the guys throat out. I heard one of the guys who started the K-9 program for Delta tell similar stories.

A friend of mine broke up a fight between his Springer Spaniel and Irish Setter nearly passed out when one of them bit into his hand and its teeth sank into bone.

As bad as that slipping wrench might feel when it smacks a steel frame, people who haven’t experienced the ferocity of a dog fight or experienced the bite force that dogs can generate often underestimate just how devastating they can be. Even when they are just playing with a human, they can tear us up. I was play boxing with one of my Rottweilers when one time he simply turned his head with his mouth open and his canine tooth sunk itself deep inside my hand like a hot knife through butter. Another time he sunk the tooth into my forehead, and another time he sliced my ear open when he swatted it with his paw, and each of those times we were playing with each other as a way of showing affection.

I’ll bet on the dogs being worse than the slipping wrench every time. Over the long run I will make way more money than I would ever lose.

And then there’s the damage cats can do…
 
Back
Top Bottom