Does anyone know which non-OME shocks will work with the OME heavy lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening,

I am installing the OME heavy lift this week and want to go with a non-OME shock (Bilstein or Fox or ?). If you are running a non-OME shocks, what are you using?

Last edited:
I’ve got some Rancho’s on the front and The OME Nitro’s on the rear.

You can run any brand you’d like. Just measure up what you need.

Whatever shock you get, don't get super strong/stiff shocks for the rear. They'll just break the fragile flimsy rear upper shock mounts on the cruiser. Also don't get too long of a shock that will bottom out before the bump stops do- otherwise the same thing will happen - broken upper shock mounts

Whatever shock you get, don't get super strong/stiff shocks for the rear. They'll just break the fragile flimsy rear upper shock mounts on the cruiser. Also don't get too long of a shock that will bottom out before the bump stops do- otherwise the same thing will happen - broken upper shock mounts
what springs are you running?

OME shocks are designed to act as limiters for spring extension. They are designed to stop
over extension of springs. So don’t get shocks that over travel the spring extension.
Also, the advice above is correct, the shock studs aren’t load bearing.

Good evening,

I am installing the OME heavy lift this week and want to go with a non-OME shock (Bilstein or Fox or ?). If you are running a non-OME shocks, what are you using?
I'm planning on OME heavy very soon as well, and the Bielsteins were recommended for me. 33-185606 for the front and 33-230368 for the rear. That's what I'm planning on going with.

My suspension is OME CS005F front and CS005RA/B. It doesn't lean.I'm using the 33-230368 360/80 valving up front. I've got a bullbar and winch up front and I'm adding a 2nd battery. If I was stock up front, I'd use the 33-230351 in 255/70 valving.

In the rear, I've got 33-185606 255/70 valving in the rear.. This was suggested for a small bumper or stock weight capacity in the rear.

I've no issues flexing the truck and the road manners are great. I've got Bilstein's on 3 cars. Plus, for the 60 they're cheaper than most of the aftermarket options. I purchased them from 4wheelparts.

IMG_5194.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom