Does anyone know the size of the vacuum line for the clutch booster on a bj74 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the part number is 31438-60041. I rebuilt my clutch and would like to hook the vacuum line that goes between the booster and the reservoir unfortunately I lost min...d'oh. Any idea what size it is? It is much bigger than any other vacuum hose I am used to seeing.. Also the one on the turbo between the wastegate actuator and the turbo housing?

2017-02-09_14-17-03.png

2017-02-09_14-17-03.png

I think it is 11/32". That is what my brake booster vac line is.

Can you measure the diameter of the inlet on the booster or reservoir? I cant see why it would be a different size to any other 70 0r 60 series landcruiser.

Did you also rebuild the booster for the clutch? Mine leaks vacuum and even replacing the seal (CLB28120 - OEM Toyota Clutch Booster Seal) I ordered from cruiseroutfitters awhile back didn't help either. It doesn't seem anyone wants to rebuild these things either.

I just got back from a shop that specializes in brake rebuilding.

They will ask to do your master cylinder at the same time to ensure no leaks.
Pricey but lifetime warranty.
Took a month; long time waiting for parts.
Maybe just as pricey to order new from Japan?
Brake Cylinder Solutions

My brake booster and cylinder is fine. Want clutch booster rebuilt?...good luck. No one is going to rebuild it here in the US. I even tried Booster Dewey (link: Booster Dewey Power Brake Booster Exchange Inc.) who flat out said no.

I did ask ordering the whole clutch booster new but I have not gotten word back yet if it is available or not.

The guys at White Post rebuilt my clutch booster last summer.
Same deal getting work on my brake booster: lifetime warranty.
Call White Post Restorations Monday, if the 4 week thing does not kill the idea.

jblueridge: Sorry I missed your post. I will give White Post a call.

i now have two minor complaints for them.
They "clocked" the brake booster 180 degrees out... vacuum line position had to be changed.
Took me a while to figure out that the bolting face of the booster is not symmetrical.

He put new studs on that are not JIS, though they are still metric: wrong thread pitch.

M10x1.25 is the right thread pitch I believe for the shaft connecting to the brake pedal... I found a solution to extend the 80 series the required 1 inch for about 6 bucks at ACE hardware. and yes you have to flip it and get a 16" vacuum line that is 11/32.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom