Dobinsons IMS Shocks - Land Cruiser 100 Series and Lexus LX470 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MRA for the fronts of 100 series are coming this month (May). Stay tuned!!

I’m assuming that it will be available in an extended length version?

I’ll definitely “need” to order at least one pair to play with!

I guess I’ll figure out how many more I “need” after the first pair.

Will I now “need” another 100 series for my Dobinsons “take offs”?

I’m assuming that it will be available in an extended length version?

I’ll definitely “need” to order at least one pair to play with!

I guess I’ll figure out how many more I “need” after the first pair.

Will I now “need” another 100 series for my Dobinsons “take offs”?
Yep, regular and extended travel lengths!!

Yep, regular and extended travel lengths!!

I saw a guy buy a brand new 200 series (with less than 10 miles) that was trailered to our Dobinsons shop and had a complete suspension replacement with Dobinsons MRR, springs, and control arms. This speakes volumes for the product. I understand the owner has other Land Cruisers with Dobinsons that prompted the switch from OEM.

1651491364859.png

1651491567888.png

I am assuming these new offerings will require aftermarket upper control arms to clear the shock body? Just trying to get an idea of how much hurt I am going to be in.

I am assuming these new offerings will require aftermarket upper control arms to clear the shock body? Just trying to get an idea of how much hurt I am going to be in.
Just the extended travel option to get the proper droop out of them. They're the same body size as the IMS, which is a 66mm (2.6") body thickness.

Has anyone gone full-hog yet with the MRA on all 4 corners? I see the front MRA is showing back order right now..

Not previously available for the front suspension- only rears. I think Mike said the MRA fronts are inbound in May - so that's a first to the US market.

Not previously available for the front suspension- only rears. I think Mike said the MRA fronts are inbound in May - so that's a first to the US market.

You're right. IDK why I thought his was a post from last year.

@crikeymike Maybe it's early to ask- how much of an improvement is expected for the from RMAs vs the adjustable IMS? I've just started reading on these today, but it seems like the IMS was positioned to be a 'just as good' option for the front at the RMA, in lieu of a front RMA.

Last edited:
You're right. IDK why I thought his was a post from last year.

@crikeymike Maybe it's early to ask- how much of an improvement is expected for the from RMAs vs the adjustable IMS? I've just started reading on these today, but it seems like the IMS was positioned to be a 'just as good' option for the front at the RMA, in lieu of a front RMA.
They're the same body, but adding the external resi, which adds more oil, and then high and low speed compression adjustments there, and a rebound adjustment on the shock. This will allow you to tune it exactly how you want it to ride. And the shocks can handle more abuse because the oil won't get as hot.

But yes, the IMS are an awesome off the shelf shock with no one really complaining about the valving or performance of them. Some people just wanted to spend more money and also turn some dials, so Dobinsons made it happen!!

I added the MRA's to the website about a month ago when I saw they're due in soon. Just waiting for them to arrive to get some photos of them too and then do a new post to announce them.

Has anyone gone full-hog yet with the MRA on all 4 corners? I see the front MRA is showing back order right now..
Does this count?
B4617F52-3A87-4613-AE03-D6364C07109A.gif

To my knowledge, they’re not available quite yet…

Maybe it's early to ask- how much of an improvement is expected for the from RMAs vs the adjustable IMS? I've just started reading on these today, but it seems like the IMS was positioned to be a 'just as good' option for the front at the RMA, in lieu of a front RMA.

As an end user, with IMS/IMS on one vehicle, and IMS/MRA on two others, the IMS is a very good shock by itself, without all of the fiddling that the MRA requires to get it setup correctly.

My vehicles are relative lightweights, and with some effort, the (rear) MRAs can be tuned for a Goldilocks “just right”. If I had a more standard “middleweight” build, there might be no reason to bother with the MRA shocks. My inner geek still likes playing with the knobs though.

Not for *you*, maybe :flipoff2:

Ironically I'm in the opposite position. I need to get off my wallet and get a set for the rears.

Well to be fair, I haven’t opened my wallet for a SAS. Somehow, I think the Dobinsons shocks, for my three 100 series, cost less than a single SAS…

Out of curiosity, are you running “80 series” shocks in front, or something more generic/custom?

Well to be fair, I haven’t opened my wallet for a SAS. Somehow, I think the Dobinsons shocks, for my three 100 series, cost less than a single SAS…

Out of curiosity, are you running “80 series” shocks in front, or something more generic/custom?

Haha, fair enough. And yep—it's more or less an 80 suspension setup with the MRAs up front.

Haha, I know a guy that's doing a SAS 100 series, and he's definitely throwing some serious cash at it!!

Not wanting to get into the MRA's too much in this thread, so here's the new post for the newly released 3-way adjustable front MRA shocks.

Hey guys, im looking at a set of ims at the moment but not super keen on a lift. Well at least nothing over 2inch. Will these still suit standard hight or a 1inch lift ect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom