DIY 3D Printed Cup Holder Plans (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, mostly because of this thread I just ordered one of these:

Pawning it off as a Christmas gift for my teenager. I have no experience with 3d printers, so hopefully this one isn't too bad. A lot cheaper than the Prusa, so we will see if that bites me in the end.

I would really appreciate if you are willing to print one and sell it to me for my lx.

Since i know you saw this teckis this is kind of what i was suggesting earlier in this thread :)
Lots of space to play with.

Screen Shot 2021-12-19 at 10.25.56 AM.png

Just tried and tinkercad doesn't seem to support this file type?
Ah ok. Then possibly as OBJ? That could possibly work better.
STEP files are the most common multi-platform format for CAD/CAM applications. If you want to have something milled or similar you won't get far with an STL.

I have a 2000 LX & would buy one that fit mine, would be cool with a hole for radio as well. Message me if anyone can help

I've scaled the OP's design down to fit a 2021. Looks like my 32 oz RTIC tumbler still won't fit, but a 750mL camel back will. My usual coffee mug will fit into larger hole, but a skinnier cup (think medium fast food sized drink) should fit into smaller hole.

I am still learning on my 3d printer, but have one in the works with support inlays that is looking promising to this point. We will see. Thanks, OP!

Print finally done and I’m not happy with it. I’m not great with CAD and that’s what this project will take to be refined. Or a lot of time and filament using trial and error. See pics for current print and what’s behind it. Second pic shows what happens to cup holder once some pressure is applied (read: used).

6E9EE2E2-0450-4F3F-AC62-AD1CFF33F462.jpeg

7C3F434B-01EE-49F2-BD96-A9B2D81A210F.jpeg

3C3B4EDC-A1EC-4FC2-940B-CC062233B359.jpeg

I’m finally getting somewhere with my crash course in 3d printing. This is the first time I’ve gotten the first layer to print. It’s definitely the most complex 1st layer of anything I’ve tried to print. Although I’m just printing the top 15-20mm to see if it fits in my build volume. The Biqu B1 has a xy print area of 235mm squared. The cup holder print is 234mm in its longest direction. Luckily everything still works even with only 1mm to spare. You do have to turn off all the 1st layer print helpers that take up space around the print to make it fit. A 300mm bed would certainly help here.

I’m new to 3d printing, but I assume people are printing this right side up rather than upside down. Otherwise nearly the whole print will have supports for all the cup holders and pockets which doesn’t seem ideal. I used my slicer to push the print through the bed so it wouldn’t print all the holders for this test run. I think the print time is still many hours.it’s almost 20 min per layer at .2mm/layer. I think as I learn more I should be able to optimize this.

3646087F-7F84-478D-BB21-70265D4242D0.jpeg

I’m finally getting somewhere with my crash course in 3d printing. This is the first time I’ve gotten the first layer to print. It’s definitely the most comfortable located 1st layer of anything I’ve tried to print. Although I’m just printing the top 15-20mm to see if it fits in my build volume. The Biqu B1 has a xy print area of 235mm squared. The cup holder print is 234mm in its longest direction. Luckily everything still works even with only 1mm to spare. You do have to turn off all the 1st layer print helpers that take up space around the print to make it fit. A 300mm bed would certainly help here.

I’m new to 3d printing, but I assume people are printing this right side up rather than upside down. Otherwise nearly the whole print will have supports for all the cup holders and pockets which doesn’t seem ideal. I used my slicer to push the print through the bed so it wouldn’t print all the holders for this test run. I think the print time is still many hours.it’s almost 20 min per layer at .2mm/layer. I think as I learn more I should be able to optimize this.

View attachment 2887719

Ever year i dont buy one, i pay for it trying to sort odds and ends. Well, heres one more month of research to choose a printer...

Thanks for putting this together! I'm printing one out right now on PETG to see if it fits my 2014 land cruiser. will report back on the fitment. If it doesn't fit, then I have a free LX570 version to give away.
Would you be interested in selling? Lol

Any recommendations on a3d printer? I would want something on the larger end I guess.
Hey boss @TeCKis300 . I can take it from here if anyone needs a printed one for my cost of production & shipping costs.

@IOPTURBO i did the legwork for you, and the X2 from artillery for $350 from me is the best bang for your bucks. I can also help you learn how to use it as i have 10 myself. $350 is total price delivered (2-5 days ship from Artillery warehouse in Toronto, California). @AnyMal

I am an authorized reseller for a few manufacturers and do not mark anything up.

220x220x250 build size:
Artillery Hornet: $160
Artillery Genius Pro: $300

300x300x350:
Artillery Sidewinder X2: $350

My youtube is Bao The Builder for the 3D printing stuff. Tonight i will run some test prints for the cup holders, and if anyone wants one, i am thinking final costs delivered will be about $15 bucks for standard PLA/ABS/PETG (most common), $20 if you like to donate coffee (optional add-on). I will have about 100 different colors for you to choose from, by end of month. I will also have choices in filament types, including:

PLA/PLA+:
silk
marble
wood
metallic
Color-changing (temperature activated)
Carbon fiber infused PLA
Quantum/Magic PLA

PETG
TPU (flexible)
Polycarbonate
Nylon

and more. I am 100% sure i am forgetting some.

Engraving services and customization will be virtually free, but i will ask for more if needed.

Sorry i've been busy and sleeping on this.

- Sharpe

Last edited:
I plan on sharing my 3D Printing business here on mud small business section, when i get time... but basically if you guys ever need a printer or something printed, just trust that i will take good care of you.
-Sharpe

Last edited:
PM sent! Nice YouTube channel by the way!
Thanks boss, although i am still setting everything up.

Also, i just got word that both my orders are shipping out this week for filament (UPS/will be here in a week or less), from KVP & Artillery (KVP US, Artillery China).

Somewhere between 1-2 tons of filament, i forget. Probably 100 different colors or so across various different types of filament!

I will make them for people who do not want to make their own, but my long-term goal is to teach everyone how to make their own mods/replacement parts; as well as manufacture whatever else they need that can be 3d printed. Better to teach a man to fish, right?

- Sharpe

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom