DIY 3D Printed Cup Holder Plans (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haha. With all my zany requests I think this is the perfect excuse for me to learn how to 3D print and get myself a setup.

I'm satisfied enough to share! Find the .stl file attached here. Publishing on thingiverse also.

EDIT: Adding CAM file

1636929600324-png.2839084

Attachments

• LXCupholder v9.stl
    609.5 KB · Views: 265
  • LXCupholder v9 - CAM.stl
    82 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Awesome. Thanks! The envelope would be 80% defined. If people need to squeeze out a bit more volume then they can figure out how.

TYVM!

@TeCKis300 thank you so much for this! I too have the BH3D cupholder and have often looked at it and wondered if there was enough room to fit my radio somewhere. This design is just what I needed. I'll have to trim that little notch as well to fit this it seems but worth it to fit my big hydroflask in the large space. Is this already on thingiverse? I didn't see the cam lock stl. Thanks again!
20211117_155241.jpg

@TeCKis300 thank you so much for this! I too have the BH3D cupholder and have often looked at it and wondered if there was enough room to fit my radio somewhere. This design is just what I needed. I'll have to trim that little notch as well to fit this it seems but worth it to fit my big hydroflask in the large space. Is this already on thingiverse? I didn't see the cam lock stl. Thanks again!
View attachment 2841739

Nice. Glad it's finding good use!

Added CAM file to the post above

Posted to thingiverse

V9 printed 17hrs overnight using almost a full spool of filament. Pulled from the printer, ripped the 3D printing scaffolding off while the kids are saying they're going to be late for school, dropped her in and away we go. It's everything I'm looking for! And got the kids to school on time.

Granted, everyone has different needs and there's no way a single solution will satisfy them all. Tying in details like charge cords or 3rd party accessories requires detail work. The void below is not completely open and there's contours and features that need to be built around. In the goal of maximizing space, I did choose to trim a small portion below to accommodate the larger cup hole. Great thing is that there's now a reasonably developed and well fitting sharable plan that can be further customized. What I also don't know is if this fitment will work for similar pre-2016 LCs?

To model this, I used a relatively easy free tool that should be pretty approachable by most. Just dragging around basic geometries - tinkercad.com. I'll share the file later when I get home.

RlDUJ5Zw25TT5jSQ2nETqZspQ1P7E12ysJaQ4okvn55VvxnH3FN58O3ugt8Fd4Hl5saks884RYaxCgpQwy9Sy_EK9UbSZta1bD1dXJEoJfddK_cDsnCoZffne_X6M9c3r7U3ySd1ed1m9ui8dABN4wrYcIaqjCRraGiZoR8EgQExTH1h8yAJZflCl6Mu_F3N2cYIZzH_4YiH57WM7fA3K7NKB_GRZM1B9Lxcz_m1fpNPy2gycjnOS6xgjhpLnCssKGqGXcaH5kcwJmn2j2E1TYCd89opDVNfODervRjzQV-FmL_hirjtjkfbOoT7McbintKmUty2i2r6ekbd1DAFGCOALGk3tE-qV6qwk_jqLuy2iUGMycbo1HGKuAZDg5ecZId2pAkjZObiV291ltIh09ritNfKNbVb8DDBvbus5kSGE3O2g54AJ-Inl8NDX2YpWoOKow7vH4D7p-V-2sDGRCUiiDzQCQIGspdW24jP3KwGaKB5stSmY9cKznNvYDV-KY4vW8QHjCafur8T0FOZyHNmRCNqVLMnITWYqwZp6Y2Q2lt_8AZH3G5uafHZdLWxAU6mPwM3GLFLmL17pJc5QwEBs5OlmjoRWUin7_5HgPwgBVckpOT2RdSCJemrCh7uy_0xXnr4PfTcFjjQZNeznI-BvbAumC8VGw2nwv8wkrPxEo53hPmBNZFki_pHv_9exN7dfXNpiPoQ5bmWgXOx19AS=w1390-h927-no

JAw4FezZsaO3Kkq3gVYFHLv2mtcg8rpu9MtNRX6rQmYP6c67xnOMZUErPt9gzZ0m3Tot3aN9Bz-2fzBkBJ_eIjevyEhsWfyCa5KE4fUYRG3ob6t44aM7qR01WNGcPUr0BCk5I8ll_vIqIqxS84H3SFg7jXakfkOeKACOfyYUyE-qMDYVZJgxCMt4ewN0QIoR4rAQVRO8AT2rNThsOVrQVfSQ62_nPtwF_9muVF5aP5L11H2CtbxdeqZ8OkG_6gZAJFnJWVQzUrPFiVIINPJLqgML76Lxb1JcZgStG7aViQi6hwTubHdiuNS2RPLBKrA3vRiBw4N0o8rb8vtyXEcRzPaLZNCietNn1SpvMforc_4chCGIt65qgg0F0jLxvsjVE-gWy7yUu2Cop0cTmqQQqQfJPmnsc8iMxgJm9QCvt6h05tnxWVzTfU97AYhZG8D7yIUFMOHEw4R8cafMiZVDDQHEnf4vdd2MjDJCY5nE9r_oTRdSc-ssoaCKAPmn3fp88DLgQqOpXbYSEDFQpcVTN523QOPi2sDrzb24WjA2fbCnkeuDdMxKA7JS2EcIxbBP_AqRKLKPXWJ6p7klPE74iTXrvySbfcuHwdBllnAotwQGVPFRX4foHcXB6g1wQt_PfgFCNaZVQN8i8aTnRv1GLGAK1ufF8nistfVkT_AIeLLsJWzc8l7xopfoAui-FuiCA278R7aaD_qFxfLVC-zCiQti=w1247-h927-no
Thanks for putting this together! I'm printing one out right now on PETG to see if it fits my 2014 land cruiser. will report back on the fitment. If it doesn't fit, then I have a free LX570 version to give away.

I'll be curious to see if anyone prints and fits this in the LC, or if the dimensions are different.

Yeah the ham radio and cell phone slots are a nice touch and the gear to lock the second drink in place is spiffy. I don't have a 3D printer but I'd totally spring for this if it fits the LC and someone is willing to print one. It's a nice step up from a design like this which lacks some of those features:

I'll be curious to see if anyone prints and fits this in the LC, or if the dimensions are different.

Should be identical up to 2016.

Last edited:
Yeah the ham radio and cell phone slots are a nice touch and the gear to lock the second drink in place is spiffy. I don't have a 3D printer but I'd totally spring for this if it fits the LC and someone is willing to print one. It's a nice step up from a design like this which lacks some of those features:

I guess we will know in a few hrs. If this works, you might have a few options (besides me printing and send it to you at cost). One of it is to utilize your public library's 3D printer (if you have one that does). The other is to go on the Prusa Printer site and see if there's one around your area that's willing to print one for you to save on the shipping (I put myself on that map so that I can help local folks with 3D printing needs at cost).

Sorry I've been tied up with kids. The first fitment check is that the stock sizing will NOT fit the void on the 2014 land cruiser. The bottom side of the cup holders pushed right at the edge of the compartment, and if I squeeze it down, the top ledge will not sit flush against the existing console surface (not sure if it's by design. I'm going to try doing a 95% size and 90% size to see how they look like. Might have to ask for the CAD file to mod up to fit with the 2014 land cruiser. Photos are on the pone and somehow I couldnt sync it to the windows machine. I'll take some measurements with the caliper tomorrow and update the group.

Sorry I've been tied up with kids. The first fitment check is that the stock sizing will NOT fit the void on the 2014 land cruiser. The bottom side of the cup holders pushed right at the edge of the compartment, and if I squeeze it down, the top ledge will not sit flush against the existing console surface (not sure if it's by design. I'm going to try doing a 95% size and 90% size to see how they look like. Might have to ask for the CAD file to mod up to fit with the 2014 land cruiser. Photos are on the pone and somehow I couldnt sync it to the windows machine. I'll take some measurements with the caliper tomorrow and update the group.

Sorry if it wasn't clear and got lost in the discussion. The interference is by design to maximize console space for larger 3.75" opening capable of handling large hydroflasks and the like. Trimming the inner support was the compromise, without giving up space for radio pockets and others. Other than the idea of trimming, it shouldn't cause any harm to even the stock cupholders dropping back in.

May be able to trim the cupholder wall of the 3D print itself as a trade?

I'll add this note more prominently to the design and thingiverse. Guess I could modify the desig n to back down to a 3.25" holder for the larger one, but it does loose utility of supporting larger cups/flasks.

Sorry if it wasn't clear and got lost in the discussion. The interference is by design to maximize console space for larger 3.75" opening capable of handling large hydroflasks and the like. Trimming the inner support was the compromise, without giving up space for radio pockets and others. Other than the idea of trimming, it shouldn't cause any harm to even the stock cupholders dropping back in.

May be able to trim the cupholder wall of the 3D print itself as a trade?

I'll add this note more prominently to the design and thingiverse. Guess I could modify the desig n to back down to a 3.25" holder for the larger one, but it does loose utility of supporting larger cups/flasks.
Ahh that makes sense that your design to have the OD of the cup holders pushing right onto the wall. In your photos, it looks like the object sit flush to the top of the rest of the console on the LX570. My guess is that the LC console is a bit narrower…or I might have to print a <1 ratio of the stl. Will find out by tomorrow AM.

905983C4-0401-4AE9-B300-7DB1DAD1EC0E.jpeg

89A31FD6-B373-4F8E-9016-9F7676F6394A.jpeg

2770DFA7-2087-4A5F-8697-55FE9DE50F81.jpeg

104E78C1-247C-4E23-86D9-A9AFB6EFE14D.jpeg

Ahh that makes sense that your design to have the OD of the cup holders pushing right onto the wall. In your photos, it looks like the object sit flush to the top of the rest of the console on the LX570. My guess is that the LC console is a bit narrower…or I might have to print a <1 ratio of the stl. Will find out by tomorrow AM.

View attachment 2846723

View attachment 2846724

View attachment 2846725

View attachment 2846726
Quick measurement, a 97% OG width and 94% OG length will sit the inset in the void.

View attachment 2846723

View attachment 2846724

View attachment 2846725

View attachment 2846726

Ah! Those picture help. While there's similarities, there's definitely differences. Enough differences that it won't drop in.

One strategy you can try is slicing the print so that only the top most layers print to check dimensions without doing the whole shebang.

Ah! Those picture help. While there's similarities, there's definitely differences. Enough differences that it won't drop in.

One strategy you can try is slicing the print so that only the top most layers print to check dimensions without doing the whole shebang.
I'm about to do just that. Shrinking the print is doable, but giving up fitting the 32 oz water bottle (REI version or hydroflask is huge though. I ave to go sharpen my CAD skill and play with your design on placement and other things.

I'm about to do just that. Shrinking the print is doable, but giving up fitting the 32 oz water bottle (REI version or hydroflask is huge though. I ave to go sharpen my CAD skill and play with your design on placement and other things.
Sucks that that print didn’t fit your truck. Let me know where to PayPal so you can send me that one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom