Ditch Light Brackets? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Apparently I am not good at searching here, or maybe I just missed it.

Is there a list of all the companies that make ditch light brackets?

I am currently using some magnet mounts on the hood, but I am not liking them.

I totally understand why you don't like the whole magnet thing aside from brushing along the slightest branch and having it bump your lights about.
I'd never use anything "magnet" on the paint, but that's me.
There are some people who've posted their ditch light additions, but yeah, you'll have to search.
I just did a quick Amazon search and found some. Considering there isn't any moving parts and just a bent and painted piece of metal with a few holes, there isn't much to go wrong other than poor hole alignment. But Amazon has amazingly easy return policy, so it' kind of a win-win.

Seems to be a trend…they’ve gone up in price since I bought mine.

I like these aluminum ones from Nashfabco. Great fit, won’t rust, locally made.

Seems to be a trend…they’ve gone up in price since I bought mine.

I like these aluminum ones from Nashfabco. Great fit, won’t rust, locally made.
Thank you!

I think SDHQ makes some, but I can't vouch for any as I haven't tried them.

I have Rago Fabrication brackets. They sent me a sticker and a piece of candy when I ordered mine a few years ago. :)

I'd be careful abouts Ragos . Mine didn't fit right so took them off threw them into the trash. Those nashfabs look pretty nice. I like the way they flow with the hood instead of on top.

I'd be careful abouts Ragos . Mine didn't fit right so took them off threw them into the trash. Those nashfabs look pretty nice. I like the way they flow with the hood instead of on top.
I got some of the 5th gen T4R brackets off Amazon or ebay like the ones posted above to try out. They are cheap as hell and fit but I don't expect them to last long as I think they are already chipping / peeling. I like the look of the NashFabCo as well. I think I'm gonna order a set.

Reactions: r2m
Ones I ordered from amazon got here today. I havent opened the box yet. Crazy they came in one day.

Reactions: r2m
I got some of the 5th gen T4R brackets off Amazon or ebay like the ones posted above to try out. They are cheap as hell and fit but I don't expect them to last long as I think they are already chipping / peeling. I like the look of the NashFabCo as well. I think I'm gonna order a set.
Post a pic when

I used Jw' s

I have Rago Fabrication brackets. They sent me a sticker and a piece of candy when I ordered mine a few years ago. :)

I use the Rago Fab ones as well. I got one of their first sets and it's actually my GX they have on their page. They have worked exactly as intended and show no signs of rusting after a few year. The even have little slots in the bracket so you can zip-tie your light wire in place, which I thought was a really nice touch.

I went with the Cali Raised brackets and am pleased. They were delivered in 3 days, install was easy enough (our hood is heavy) and they are very solid once everything is bolted up. I have a couple buddies with cheap Amazon brackets that bounce/vibrate the whole time which is unbecoming of a Lexus.

What are the pros and cons of the mirror mounted ditch lights?
I like that location and it seems like the best place to mount them actually. Does it avoid flooding the hood with light and any wind noise etc from the hood mount location? I can see the install being a bit more fiddly as you'd be running the wire through the door.

Any downside I'm missing? The small side by side lights look like they'd fit right infront of the mirror and aim to the sides.
IMG-2551_470x.jpg

What are the pros and cons of the mirror mounted ditch lights?
I like that location and it seems like the best place to mount them actually. Does it avoid flooding the hood with light and any wind noise etc from the hood mount location? I can see the install being a bit more fiddly as you'd be running the wire through the door.

Any downside I'm missing? The small side by side lights look like they'd fit right infront of the mirror and aim to the sides.
IMG-2551_470x.jpg
i’ve got both hood and mirror setup with DD SSC2’s and they give me light i need. the mirror ones are plenty forward facing light in my experience but i wanted to get the sides for other reasons without having to readjust reason why i went with both hood and mirror mounted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom