Dissent offroad modular aluminum roof rack. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome rack. Install went easy for me. I actually put the entire rack together on the floor of my garage and then lifted it on top of my land cruiser. It was a fairly smooth process.

IMG_20180429_150634.jpg

I couldn't be more pleased with this rack. It is exactly as advertised, and the install was straight forward. @benc was great to work with and answered all of my questions. Just follow the install thread here on Mud and it goes together in a few hrs (at least for me). Various pics below.:beer:

Here is the link for the tie-down rings you see, give Paul over at Equipt some business: Eezi-Awn 8mm Tie Downs
Also, I used 3M Marine Grade Silicone on the mounts: 3M Silicone

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words!
I have a guy that's going to take over the racks for me so I can focus on bumpers and training a welder.
Hopefully that will mean shorter lead times!
Thanks again for all the support!

Those with the racks is there enough room to wash the top of your vehicle?
There's enough room to slide a wash mitt/sponge under the crossbars. It's definitely more time consuming to wash and dry the roof with the Dissent than with the OE rack, but I think it's well worth it.

How quick and easy is it to install the high rise awning mounts to this rack?

I am thinking of installing them just before trips and taking them off so I can park it inside the garage. It definitely won't fit in my garage with them installed.

Thanks for all the kind words!
I have a guy that's going to take over the racks for me so I can focus on bumpers and training a welder.
Hopefully that will mean shorter lead times!
Thanks again for all the support!
Will the rack fit an LX470 with its large whale tail rear spoiler? Also, Can the side rails be ordered unfinished so it can be powder coated a different color? Pricing please?

If you have the full rear spoiler (lx 470) and sattelite radio antenna will that interfere with the rear of the rack?
It will fit the large spoiler but not sure on the satt radio antenna.
If you could pm me pics that would be great.

How quick and easy is it to install the high rise awning mounts to this rack?

I am thinking of installing them just before trips and taking them off so I can park it inside the garage. It definitely won't fit in my garage with them installed.
About 2 minutes with a chordless impact

It will fit the large spoiler but not sure on the satt radio antenna.
If you could pm me pics that would be great.
Hi Ben,
My LX is in the shop getting new suspension. I should have it back tomorrow and can send you some picks. The Sat antennae is low profile but may be blocked by your racks rear fairing. BTW- I hope my front and rear bumpers are in the cue for welding:) Can't wait to get them on my LX!

Will the rack fit an LX470 with its large whale tail rear spoiler? Also, Can the side rails be ordered unfinished so it can be powder coated a different color? Pricing please?
Yes it will fit. It's close but when properly aligned there is about 1/8" on both sides. Unfortunately it has been a major pia to get them uncoated due to the incompetence of the shop doing the manufacturing, I can do it but unfortunately there will likely be extended lead time and cost.
Thanks.

Yes it will fit. It's close but when properly aligned there is about 1/8" on both sides. Unfortunately it has been a major pia to get them uncoated due to the incompetence of the shop doing the manufacturing, I can do it but unfortunately there will likely be extended lead time and cost.
Thanks.
Hi Ben, I understand, I would assume I can have the side rails re-powder coated locally?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom