Dissent offroad bumper pic thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some beach shots. Don't mind my make shift flag
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445123720.707740.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445123739.911631.jpg

^^
Me too!
Some day hopefully soon.

Sent from my iPhone

No hoop. No stinger. Turn signal delete. Round spots.
Main sections powder coated in Evo Grey to match the OE bumpers; fair lead and other parts - including the nuts, bolts and washers (!) powder coated in satin black. ACC Garage is that thorough.
Warn 9500xp; control box mounted behind the grille - about even with the sombrero

DSC_0173.jpg

The approach angle is pretty damn amazing
DSC_0177.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Manhattan I really like the fog light treatment. Favorite one I've seen so far.

Very nice Manhattan I really like the fog light treatment...

Thanks. Obviously, the credit's Ben's. I told him what I wanted to do - to try and blend the bumper a bit with the truck, e.g. OE color, match the lenses, etc. I know it was a bit of work to fab those can mounts - And, I know he went easy on me on the option charge (thanks Ben!) for that too. But he CRUSHED it. The guys at ACC were extremely impressed with the bumper - the design, the welds ("the welds are $#*&ing art") and the fit ("it went on like I just took it off"). And these guys have installed every brand of bumper on every model of Land Cruiser out there.

Last edited:
@Manhattan Super diggin' your bumper. That's exactly what I want on mine. No hoop.

Here is another option for forward projecting lights, this is jerry from lab-racks rig. He used there cans from there arb fog light housing.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447342203.424383.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447342214.996347.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447342225.742394.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Also I have been working on the tundra version, a few minor tweaks to the drawing and the fit was perfect.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447342338.536135.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447342361.278154.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447342388.230462.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Love Manhattan's idea. Ben how much more expensive is it to get with round fog lights?
It would be $150. I am looking into some round light options that have a built in bezel. I'll let you guys know if I find some that will work. This will cut the cost if I find some that work.

Sent from my iPhone

It would be $150. I am looking into some round light options that have a built in bezel. I'll let you guys know if I find some that will work. This will cut the cost if I find some that work.

Sent from my iPhone
If you find the perfect lights but can't find the perfect bezel then let me know. I could probably 3D print you the bezel to fit the hole and project/mount the lights at the perfect angle. I plan to print the cans/mounts for the round lights. I picked up an LED light bar for offroad but I want the can lights for my fog lights since the LX470 originally had them in the factory bumper that is long gone. I could find decent round lights on ebay for pretty cheap but never with a bezel that would mount at the needed angle. Because it's at a slight 15 degreeish angle the hole ends up being oval and not round. That seems to eliminate any flat mount bezels I could find that need a round hole. I could design the can to have the lip sip at the correct angle with the back mounting part also at the needed angle with the overall shape that slight oval that is needed and not round. It wont be until Spring that I get into that project but I'm happy to post pics of the final product. If you would be interested in working together on making these, I could probably up my timeline to a lot sooner. If your not interested then no worries. I'm still going to make my own when I have the time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom