Dissent offroad 62 build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe we will be able to get the 60 bumpers into production after all.
Ooooh baby! Hoping it makes sense for you guys... 🤞

Hi guys. A little late but figured I would start up a build thread for one of my personal builds.
Picked up a clean almost rust free 1990 2 tone 62 as a trade for helping with a 100 series build for a customer.
so far I have not done to much mechanical but did add some 17x7.5 Toyota steelies, 285/75 Yokohama geolandar mts, new grill and blinkers and reinstalled the factory front seats.
Also a custom bumper that is currently a one off but may entertain a run in the future.
The next stage will be happening soon as I have a pallet of goods heading my way from torfab! On this pallet is everything needed for the h55 swap and I have a fresh 3fe ready to go in as well. We will be building a custom rear swing out bumper, sliders as well as some simple roof bars.
Hoping to have it all together and ready for cruise Moab in April.
Here are some current photos and photos when I brought it home.

View attachment 2937627View attachment 2937629View attachment 2937633View attachment 2937639View attachment 2937641View attachment 2937643View attachment 2937646

View attachment 2937609

View attachment 2937634
What's the color/coating you used on the front bumper.....really like it.

OK....Now I have to have one. I'm gonna ask Cole to put in a good word for me. ;)

Took it out for a bit of a shake down today! Worked great othe than an occasional popping out of 4x4 that I will need to look into. Also sneak peak of the rear bumper in the design stage!
95548B39-80F3-4765-8E32-CC0F8D99DEF1.jpeg
B75B94C1-8A8F-42A6-8E57-EBFBD2A48723.jpeg
539AAA60-07B0-49F5-814C-66F9E124DD0F.jpeg
602B888C-05F7-4668-9F36-8BAF7A3AADBD.jpeg
84CFCD05-2107-4032-893D-E0FD6DECE062.jpeg

1442BDF1-EF4B-4CB3-A482-33A0617BEC4D.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve found that I was getting a popping out of low range scenario when I first installed the factory version of that shifter.

If it’s mis adjusted; and the lever is too close to the opening on the floor by the drivers side you can easily have the shifter hit the floor opening and pop out over bumps.

You just need to thread the adjuster over to give it more clearance. there is also a detent spring TSB that helps keep the shifter from popping out.

I’ve found that I was getting a popping out of low range scenario when I first installed the factory version of that shifter.

If it’s mis adjusted; and the lever is too close to the opening on the floor by the drivers side you can easily have the shifter hit the floor opening and pop out over bumps.

You just need to thread the adjuster over to give it more clearance. there is also a detent spring TSB that helps keep the shifter from popping out.
Thanks! I’m thinking the ball detent spring may be the issue. It stays in low but I’m popping out of 4x4 so it’s the forward to back movement which I don’t believe I will have adjustment with. (I do not have the factory block in so it does allow low 2wd) It seams that even at a stand still the slightest bump with my hand knocks it back to 2wd.

With our the factory bracket in it, I feel all the problems would be worse. If the shifter isn’t perfectly centered it could be hitting the wall in two different ways.

Also, mine was made worse by a broken motor mount. I quickly figured this out by clutch dumping it in low range with the shifter boot off. I would suggest doing some investigation with the boot off first to see what your clearances are.

With our the factory bracket in it, I feel all the problems would be worse. If the shifter isn’t perfectly centered it could be hitting the wall in two different ways.

Also, mine was made worse by a broken motor mount. I quickly figured this out by clutch dumping it in low range with the shifter boot off. I would suggest doing some investigation with the boot off first to see what your clearances are.
New motor mounts and transmission mount. Shouldn’t be any movement forward to back on the engine but body clearance will certainly be a good start. We just installed both engine and h55 so everything was open and clearance was checked. I believe the closest was about 1/2” from the floor board to the shifter which was a little tight. That being said it’s the 4wd that is the problem which is forward and back.
Thanks for the help!

WOW! You got that from paper to the truck REAL fast! Love it!

Can you describe the PS swing out setup?

wow! did a robot weld that?!? looks great.
Thanks!
Only the swing arms are welded by the robot. The bumper I welded by hand but will get programmed to the robot if we go into production. It’s actually pretty tough to get the robot to weld like this but certainly doable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom