Dissent offroad 200 series offerings. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Correct on the tire size. Yes, a full set of aluminum skids are in the plans.

Those are not for the sensors, those are optional bullet lights. The sensors are proving to be a little tough in the 1/4" aluminum. The clips on the sensors will not properly engage on that thick of material. May have to cut the hole slightly larger and silicon them in place or drill a hole in the plastic above. The other issue is the sensors are painted to match the car so if the bumpers go black the sensors need to be painted as well.
I'll figure something out though.
If its just the bezzle, toyota sells a black one

It going slower than I had hoped but getting there. Got the bumper welded and ground today. Looks like around 50 lbs so far. It is definitely a tricky platform for a rear bumper. Once completed the plastic will get a final trim to give a 1/2" gap to the bumper then a bulb seal will be installed. Just have the plastic tight for mock up.
IMG_2088.JPG
IMG_2092.JPG
IMG_2093.JPG
IMG_2094.JPG
IMG_2095.JPG

Is this a prototype rear?

Sneak peak of the aluminum lc200 roof rack! View attachment 1886269

Now THAT...I like. Only question I have is the same Q I have for other closed-side RRs... -How to reach UNDER to attach stuff when the sides are full closed?

But I like the profile on the photo you posted—low enough that I’m definitely interested. Also like the air deflector and various holes/slots on side pieces.

FrontRunner racks are great, but they sit SO bleeping high that I just can’t do it. Roof weight is bad enough, so raising it any more than necessary always seems weird to me.

Hope you'll Post more top-side details soon.
Keep it looooow. :)

Last edited:
I’ll need you to take my money for everything! Maybe you would be willing to come down to Tulsa, OK and show the MEO guys how to install everything :)

Now THAT...I like. Only question I have is the same Q I have for other closed-side RRs... -How to reach UNDER to attach stuff when the sides are full closed?

But I like the profile on the photo you posted—low enough that I’m definitely interested. Also like the air deflector and various holes/slots on side pieces.

FrontRunner racks are great, but they sit SO bleeping high that I just can’t do it. Roof weight is bad enough, so raising it any more than necessary always seems weird to me.

Hope you'll Post more top-side details soon.
Keep it looooow. :)
Thanks!

This sets about 1 3/4" above the highest point of the roof. About the same if not a little less the the factory rack.

The underside accsess is definitely a huge hurdle with the full skirting racks!
There are some work arounds though.
The load bars are a c channel design vs a t slot, this is much lighter, stiffer and allows item to still be through bolted.
All load bars have multiple slotted holes and are supplied with nut plates for the underside, this allows you to bolt things through without the need to get under the rack. For rtt mounting we offer a rtt load bar set, these bolt to the tent semi permanently and cradle over the load bars and bolt to the side of the rack.
This eliminates the need for access to the underside when mounting a rtt.

Dam, another thing I want... now that 3!!!!!

@benc can you speak to the modular design of the rear bumper. It looks like you've made an effort to make the swing arm an easy on/off design to where you can swap it based on your needs with just a few bolts. While other bumpers do have removable swing arms, I believe they are much more involved and don't allow for easy swapping. Is this correct or just wishful thinking?

The ability to go from weekend/trip/extra spare mode to daily grocery getter without tailgate impediments would be amazing.

Oh, I like that as well. Would you be able to throw a cargo box on top still? Like a Yakima box? Or also, would you be able to also temporarily add on the Thule Aero bars with their attachment to the rack if needed?
Definitely possible. I should have some more detailed pics this weekend.

@benc can you speak to the modular design of the rear bumper. It looks like you've made an effort to make the swing arm an easy on/off design to where you can swap it based on your needs with just a few bolts. While other bumpers do have removable swing arms, I believe they are much more involved and don't allow for easy swapping. Is this correct or just wishful thinking?

The ability to go from weekend/trip/extra spare mode to daily grocery getter without tailgate impediments would be amazing.
You are correct. The swingouts are designed to be easily removed and reinstalled. Takes about 5min.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom