Dissent offroad 200 series offerings. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Recent installation of front bumper and skids!
F7890EF7-4A3E-4AD0-A84B-4A2106E57152.jpeg

Nice! Glad there is room to mount those lights on top of the bumper

We've all used that rational before, sometimes it works, sometimes we get told to learn to drive better. Just kidding of course, go for it.That being said metal bumpers will NOT be as forgiving so ditch the heat gun and get a cutting torch or plasma cutter.

Thanks!
I don’t have those measurements on hand but can say a big part of this bumper was designed around towing. We use short swing arms for this reason. We also relocated the trailer plug to the front of the bumper as well as have oversized access to the hitch for ease of pin installation. I have towed a few different trailers now with no issues opening the swing outs.
Do you have a closeup photo of the relocated the trailer plug? Curious what was involved in relocating that. Did you have to extend the wires? The stock location is the worst.

Yeah the stock location sucks.

I'd buy an adapter that moves the trailer plug directly into my tupperware bumper to hold me off another year or so until I am ready for the rear if benc sold it ;)

I'm warming up to this bumper combination. Anything that makes towing easier (centered and recalibrated rear view camera, easier to access electrical plug. I assume you don't impact that factory receiver that is part of the frame.

Recalibrated rear camera how?
Actually, you're right. The current rear camera is off center but not "calibrated" to look like it is centered. I was thinking that moving it to the middle would require some sort of "centering" with the lines. Silly me. Moving it to the center would make it actually work like it should without any change! (Unless moving it lower might throw off the "distance from the rear" lines. But I can adjust to that.

That's sweet...i NEED that. did it require additional wiring to reach there, or was there enough play with the stock plug that it was just moved?
You will need to make the official adapter pigtail up. That being said that new junction can be a source of power for you license plate and backup lights. E-Trailer is a great resource or parts.

Any way you could take a picture of the plug from the back? The stock plug is very long, I’m just curious how this fits in there, or if it’s a aftermarket adapter of some sort
Stock plug/stock wiring.
This is literally the only place it could fit in the bumper. We tuck the stock wiring on top of the factory plug mount to protect them a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom