Discussion: Pirate VS. Ih8mud (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

norcal--well said. newb plus beer = wrong kind of attention.

jim

I fouind POR before mud and so am a member of both. I post on both forums. I like them both.

I have found that with so many users on POR I can get my answer sooner if I am working in the rig and asking questions simultainiously.

That said I have the impressions that the info here is often better. If the question is more technical I tend to bring it to mud.

I gues it depends on the question where I take it to. I like them both for different reasons.

I use the local Cascade Cruisers forum the most then here then POR.

All that said I love the 55 mailing list and go there with many of my 55 specific questions.

E

clemson55 said:
I joined both pirate and mud originially and after about a month or so I have not been back to pirate unless its linked in a thread on mud. I found pirate to be to much junk and people from other forums and just not as fast and effective. Especially if I needed to know something about my pig. I think there are some newbs that know a lot my friend Marshal in Upstate Cruisers knows far more then I do and he is a newb to mud but he had his first cruiser long before mud existed and just got a new one which is why he joined. So I hold the fact that they are a newb with a grain of salt.

Great now my head won't fit in the cruiser. :eek: Thanks for the comment.

Always welcome my friend, I need all that knowledge in your head for when I break s***. And in case you didnt notice in our forum you were right on the trail that day my distributor was the problem.

I had paid subscriptions to both, but let my it lapse on Pirate. I just don't enjoy it over there.

Stuck wouldn't last 3 post over there.

Romer said:
...Stuck wouldn't last 3 post over there.
As annoying as Sparky can be...I wouldn't wish that on him. He'd never make it back alive :eek:

I have something close to 3000 posts over there but am in the same boat, did not renew my subscription there either nor do I have the desire to. Anyway, LC people are usually pretty nice good people regardless, I am pretty happy over here for the most part...

I post here now, and read over at Pirate. The LC types seem more friendly, and willing to share information without making me feel like an idiot, which I may well be. ;)

Even reading in posts over at Pirate I can tell the difference between the other guys and the LC guys, but there is some flaming that happens over there. Glad I found IH8MUD.

I was on POR before they ever had a forum.......have star memberships both places, have found myself over here more once I got to know Woodman............I generally post threads I think are worthy to try and generate more traffic here.....

I am a member of both, used to spend a lot of time on Pirate. What I love about Pirate is the cutting edge stuff. I admire fearless, innovative fabricators and there's a lot of that on Pirate. I also get REALLY TIRED of the "if it's not a stock engine it's not a Land Cruiser" attitude, and on Pirate many of the rigs people call Cruisers only have bezels on them! As my LC gets more and more specialized and less stock, I appreciate a more tolerant attitude.

That said, I really enjoy this forum and find myself spending more and more time on it, and less on Pirate. For one, I don't have much to contribute on POR, it's very much a rockcrawler's forum and I don't do a whole lot of it, plus I built my truck for a different kind of wheeling. Here at least I can post every once in a while and feel like I'm contributing something.

I'll still visit both forums as often as I can, two different places with two different attitudes and different flavors, and two very cool forums.

[
I'll still visit both forums as often as I can, two different places with two different attitudes and different flavors, and two very cool forums.[/QUOTE]

My first post may of sounded a little harsh but I totally agree with Henry.

Hi the new guy,

Before I joined ....today....I spent a month checking out the different sites
and pirate seems a little.....over testosteroned.

I really appreciate the way you guys answer all of the questions here.
Plus you seem to have a lot more knowledge with regards to 55's(my intrest)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom