Expedition Dirt Sunrise - Tim and Kelsey Get Lost... (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In this episode we continue exploring Bolivia as we leave lake Titicaca and head to Cochabamba, where we meet back up with Tim and Shannon from Planet Overland. We all run across a little train museum on our way to some hot springs, and it has some surprisingly big history behind it.

Wow, watch the Mt Uturuncu episode last night, talk about some serious elevation! Looks like another planet.

Ran a simple online calculator, at 18,500' it says your stock 212hp would be reduced to 95hp. Add in some drivetrain loss, weight, miles on the engine, etc.... and its not a surprise the old goose had to work so hard :steer:

Ooof! I did feel like at a couple of steel spots that if we stopped we might not get moving again, even in first gear low. 😬

Wow, watch the Mt Uturuncu episode last night, talk about some serious elevation! Looks like another planet.

Ran a simple online calculator, at 18,500' it says your stock 212hp would be reduced to 95hp. Add in some drivetrain loss, weight, miles on the engine, etc.... and its not a surprise the old goose had to work so hard :steer:

Butch Cassidy in Bolivia?

On our quest for fuel, we decide to head into the unknown, towards the closest town with a fuel station. On our way we stop in a small mining town where Butch Cassidy and the Sundance killed are rumored to have been shot and killed. We visit a museum dedicated to the two outlaws before making our the final trek into Tupiza for fuel.

(Okay guys be forewarned this one is geared more for the ladies).

Some of my favorite hygiene products (most of them work for guys too). Hopefully you or the woman in your life will find this helpful.

90 muddy miles with 122 wooden bridges.

Really, it wasn’t all that bad, but a part of my brain told me “Hey, you’re in Brazil, going over bridges that you’d never trust normally, sliding next to a marsh filled with Caiman and you drove here from Arizona. What the hell?! Hahaha”

It doesn’t always hit you. A lot of the trip is just happening and unfolding before you without it feeling like some amazing or pivotal experience. It’s just life. That being said, there are these moments. These moments where you start to chuckle like an insane person. Where the office dwelling, weekend adventuring you, see’s the current you in rubber boots, at some exotic location trying to speak Portuguese and just finds it all hilarious.

So, here is this weeks adventure.

We make our way from the muddy jungle to the worlds largest waterfall with some beautiful stops on the way. Oh yah, we also talk firearms with the nice gentleman who walked into camp with a pistol in his belt telling us to leave. :rofl:

Join us as we discover what random Brazil has to offer.

You two are amazing! :)

We're usually not a fan of crowds and touristy spots, but this one was completely worth it! This week we head over to Argentina for the first time to check out their side of the falls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom