Differential Pics and others (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Funny-Our 2004 Sienna has a plastic intake manifold too. At first I was kind of bummed by that, but I've heard of no one with any problems with it. Still, you'd think on a car like a Land Cruiser designed to run for 20+ years, it would be aluminum.

I think the front end looks good for an IFS truck. Maybe the beefy A arms and the bigger diff will address the weak points of the 100 series. I wonder if they'll swap?

That thing that looks like an ignitor, really can't be one. I think each cylinder has it's own coil and ignitor, but I'm not certain. The more parts shared with the Tundra, the better--more spares and swaps in the future.

I never dogged the 200. Review my posts. I think it's cool, and I would happily drive one, even if some on this forum think it looks like a Highla........:D.

Ok help me out please.... IFS truck?

What bothers me about that little thingy is that it looks like it was meant to have alot of room around it.

Weak points on a 100? Wait I thought they were the perfect LC?? or was that the 80 series? :rolleyes:

So how do I get a list of the exact part number or parts to find out if it shares it with a Tundra? I assume get it to a tech that knows the tundra in and out, then they can compare it.

So about that looks comparison......did I tell you that I think the 100 and 80 series looks like.....nah I am a bigger person then that :cheers:

it kinda looks like a ballast for HID lights...but the LC doesn't have them does it?
Other guesses-
=some type of trac device
=some type of KDSS device (detect pitch/yaw)
=some type of crash sensor
=flux capacitor
My 98 LX570 has a similar device right behind the airbox but I don't know what it is for either.

Ok help me out please.... IFS truck?

Weak points on a 100? Wait I thought they were the perfect LC?? or was that the 80 series? :rolleyes:

:

Well, the looks have been going down hill since the FJ40.:rolleyes:

My favorite Land Cruiser "look" is FJ60s, but that's just me.

IFS=Independent Front Suspension

Some history-Review the 100 section for tales of broken front differentials. This winter will bring another bumper crop.

I think on the 200, they made it look smaller, without actually making it smaller.l That's not necessarily a bad thing. I can't wait to see one lifted and on 33s+.

Last edited:
My 98 LX570 has a similar device right behind the airbox but I don't know what it is for either.

Where's your pics of your LX570?;p

I want one of those motors really bad.

the 100 intake is plastic too. Wrong Toybreath: The hundy has, at least my '99, an aluminum intake manifold.
The IFS looks good- that lower a-arm is huge! you can see that massive curved beam-that's the swaybar! I guess it's so massive to account for the KDSS. TRE's look beefy.

The t-case looks like it just has a protective skid bolted to it (same as the 120 series again) so there is where you want a custom plate attached to the frame rails. it is potentially vulnerable.

I want one of those motors really bad.

I noticed they have switched back to a timing chain (exploded view add of the 5.7 in the new issue of Rolling Stone).

well the rear diff is nice and cleaned up compared to the 80 and 100. Swaybar is in front of the axle, like on the 120 series (gx,4r,fjc) which is good. The KDSS is pretty cool- in the front driver's side wheel well you can see the giant piston that's part of the system.

take some more pics underneath and in the engine bay. sweet 5.7 should make some people gawk hehe

oh - some shots of the front suspension- CV joints, arms, coilovers - that would be interesting

The sway bar is nicely tucked up out of harms way it appears...good spot on that FT!

Also the rear drive shaft appears much larger OD. And it almost looks like it is rubber coated or something...unless its just the photo playing tricks on me ;).

And I'm lik'n the lower ball joint: Looks like it is beefier and tucked out of harms way compared to the 100.

Would that no touchy finned item be the fuel pressure resistor? (on the 1FZ-FE 80 series its the thing right behind the cruise control actuator). Sorry for the vagueness. Cool pics, beefy looking undercarriage!

Here are some of mine from the one here at American Toyota in ABQ.

-o-
PB150001.JPG
PB150002.JPG
PB150003.JPG

Here are some of mine from the one here at American Toyota in ABQ.

-o-

Nice Beno-You work for Dan for a month and already you have a 200 series. Are you guys hiring?:grinpimp:

the 100 intake is plastic too. Wrong Toybreath: The hundy has, at least my '99, an aluminum intake manifold.
The IFS looks good- that lower a-arm is huge! you can see that massive curved beam-that's the swaybar! I guess it's so massive to account for the KDSS. TRE's look beefy.

The t-case looks like it just has a protective skid bolted to it (same as the 120 series again) so there is where you want a custom plate attached to the frame rails. it is potentially vulnerable.

wrong toybreath? wtf is that?

i meant the intake piping not the manifold itself. the 200's manifold is black but is it plastic? I thought it was just black metal?

It does look like a Highlander in those last pictures... The 100 and 200 need serious cosmetic overhauls to get them to look cool after they leave the showroom floor. Too bad, as they cost an outrageous amount of money. The SEMA 200 series rocked.

wrong toybreath? wtf is that?

i meant the intake piping not the manifold itself. the 200's manifold is black but is it plastic? I thought it was just black metal?

Just messing whichya :D. The intake "piping" is plastic from the air cleaner box to the AMM on my 100. From there it is aluminum (air intake manifold). Is the intake piping metal on the 80? And if so what difference do you think it would make for this non-structural part whether it is plastic or metal?

It does look like a Highlander in those last pictures... The 100 and 200 need serious cosmetic overhauls to get them to look cool after they leave the showroom floor. Too bad, as they cost an outrageous amount of money. The SEMA 200 series rocked.

Take this to a different thread please.

Lets try to keep this on topic. It is about the mechanics of the truck, not the looks.

The looks have been covered and covered all of the place.

Thanks

hey dtt thanks for taking the time for the pics hey you could have washed the thing first;) question for guys i see the piston thing for the kdss so to get some extra wheel travel a swap of the coil overs should do good???? thus not messing with the kdss systm or am i wrong on this??? also dtt not a crack at your 200 but i am shocked it does not have hid lights?? thats a hefty price tag and no hid?? also the ignitor everybody is taking about it seems low and possible water exposure???? toyota would not be that dumb??? so of those wires i thought would be better protected?? the air box looks like a easy place for a snorkel (the one from sema was ugly my opinion only i trust safari will have one out soon. hey dtt have you had any rain yet?? i'm from the northeast part and the undercarriage looks well coated (rust avoidance) hey dtt sorry with all these rquests but the biggest one if you can do is measure the wheel wells from the center cap out; that way you can see what is the biggest tire we can put on with out any mods thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom