Difference between LC 1994 to 1995 model year? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Question for any one who can anaswer:
I have access to 1995 Service Repair Manual, but have a 1994 LC, What 're the diff.'s. Can I get by with the 1995 Manual?

93 and 94 are the same.

94 to 95 are differences.
94/95

Off the top of my head:
VAF/MAF
OBD1 / OBD2
Rear Drums/Rear disks
PAIR/No PAIR
Dashboard is way different
No Viscous Coupler / Viscous Coupler

If i recall correctly 1995 is a transition year. 1994 has OBD1 and possibly some 95's have this as well? Both will be disc brakes all the way around and both should have the viscous coupler.

I can use the 1996 FSM for many things on my 1994, but use the 1994 FSM for anything engine related.

Others will chime in with further details.

For future reference, I've a 04/95 wagon w/OBDI.

Try to trade or sell and buy your way in to a 94 manual.

Thanks for the replies, what I'm getting from this is to hold out and get the correct year because there are some significant differences i.e. the dashboard, OBD1 vs OBD2, transition year, etc.

I have a 1994 LC, and want to get a FSM for it. They seem to be scarce for some reason, perhaps I'm looking in all the wrong places! Any one or there have one for sale or know where?

Do a search for "FSM at a hell of a price" on here and see what you get.

Alcrash, i feel your pain, i too own a 94 and know how hard it is to find a hard copy of the FSM. When i did find mine, it cost me OVER 200 bucks! Don't forget to buy a copy of the 1994 electrical manual too. Oh one more thing, Toyota offered a separate manual for the transmission that has more information in it then whats in the FSM. Here's a photo of what the correct transmission manual looks like, the one for the 1994 was printed in Nov. 1993.
s-l1600.jpg

93 and 94 are the same.

94 to 95 are differences.
94/95

Off the top of my head:
Rear Drums/Rear disks
No Viscous Coupler / Viscous Coupler

These two are incorrect. The rear discs started in 1993 with ABS-equipped models. (I have a '93 like this)
Also, I believe all FZJ's have the viscous coupler, so that would make it any '93 and newer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom