December ROTM 2014 - Red Creek 12/28/2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great trip everyone and thanks for those that spotted !!!!!!!!!

Had a great time! My "sliders" (aka Factory stock running boards) did what they were supposed to do. I need new ones

It was a nice day for wheeling and seeing all the fine folk of CSC!

Marcus in his collectors ed.

redcreek4.jpg

some video: The "Ghetto drone", LCP going up and over rock play, Creek action

Great time!

I got home at 11:15 PM after 403 miles round trip.

The bouncing around apparently killed my voltage regulator so I made it home on battery power - good thing I have two big A$$ batteries!
IMG_2065small.jpg
IMG_2093small.jpg
IMG_2094small.jpg
IMG_2150small.jpg
IMG_2196small.jpg

Phil telling Murf, "you don't want that easy line when Marks 80 took the tough line, everyone is watching". Just kidding, lots fun to be had by all.

image.jpg

wait, what ?

you couldn't get all the way down to the river ?

what were the obstacles ? - I remember being parked right there for scouting last year - just a bit further ahead . . .

Red Creek is not always easy. I have been denied in the past with a more than capable group. kinda like Crown King different every time.

A couple of fun pics from the day

IMG_0523.JPG
IMG_0507.JPG
IMG_0502.JPG
IMG_0500.JPG
IMG_0526.JPG

Red Creek is not always easy . . .

I thought that waterfall drop was interesting . . . particularly as I had to spot myself through it (was too far ahead of the group)

I thought that waterfall drop was interesting . . . particularly as I had to spot myself through it (was too far ahead of the group)

Rudster made the waterfall look easy in his 80 with the added clearance of his new bumper

IMG_0514.JPG

I can say that a lot was learned on this trip in terms of driving technique and proper spotting.

just watching experienced members added a ton to my knowledge/experience bank :beer:

LCPhil and Funner = did you get to the cabin to set up camp? would've liked to stay and avoid the long drive home but work called....

I shouldn't complain, I didn't have near the drive Stepmurr had!!

one reason I hate murf - he makes everything look easy

LCPhil and Funner = did you get to the cabin to set up camp? would've liked to stay and avoid the long drive home but work called....

I shouldn't complain, I didn't have near the drive Stepmurr had!!

The short answer is yes but ~15° this morning was cold and peeing at 3AM is really cold:eek:

IMG_0537.JPG

Frost on my snorkel:( and the first time I ever saw frost on the inside of my CampTeq. Did I mention that Brian and I love are individually heated bed.:flipoff2:

We did manage to make the best out of a cold situation with alcohol and fire:grinpimp:

IMG_0535.JPG

Cabin with a stove , no smoke or wind. Good call

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom