Dead pedal liner/cover - my attempt at fixing WeatherTech's shortcoming. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also have the weathertechs but have recently pulled them and went with just the carpet mat due to the poor fit. Thanks for the reviews and heads up on the discounts, just picked up a set of the huskies also.

Thanks for the link and discount code mcgaskins. Just ordered a set of the front mats for my '09LX. $73 bucks shipped is a great price on these! I'll try to post some pics once they come in.

Some photos I snapped of mine last night. I'm a huge fan of these mats.
IMG_3377.JPG
IMG_3378.JPG
IMG_3379.JPG

Just got my Huskies today and I'm pretty happy with them. I've always used Weathertech mats in the past and thought they could be better. My 09 came with the Lexus "all weather" mats which are kind of a joke compared to these. Here's a couple of shots of the before and after.
IMG_6921.JPG

IMG_6926.JPG

Passenger side fits just as good. Anyone have the 2nd row set of Huskies? Might end up getting those as well.

Just got the front Huskys today and the fit is great and the coverage is excellent, except for the driver’s side next to the pedal. I’m not sure which I’ll keep to use. Good thread. I do still like the Weathertech cargo liner with the roll-out tailgate cover. That will stay in the truck, along with the second row Weathertech that fit fine.

Last edited:
Just got my Huskies today and I'm pretty happy with them. I've always used Weathertech mats in the past and thought they could be better. My 09 came with the Lexus "all weather" mats which are kind of a joke compared to these. Here's a couple of shots of the before and after.
View attachment 1613869

View attachment 1613872
Passenger side fits just as good. Anyone have the 2nd row set of Huskies? Might end up getting those as well.

Yep I got the second row as well as the first. It fits great as well:

27811DD1-EBE2-40BD-B66B-96EA3FF9897F.jpeg

Wow - nice coverage on that one too. Looks like I'll be ordering that one next! Then I'll be able to let my 3 year old jump in back with snow on her boots.

Well, maybe, maybe not......I looked more carefully at the entire fit and found some differences important to me.

The Husky definitely go further up the foot well for both the driver and passenger, but the side coverage is much less than the Weathertech. You can see in the photos the coverage of the Weathertech is far better next to the accelerator pedal and the Weathertech for the passenger liner is better on the sides too. So, I guess it just depends on where you want the good coverage. For me, since I have a choice about where to rest my sandy/snowy/muddy left foot, but not my similarly messed up right foot, I think I may stick with the Weathertech.

DSCN0429.jpg
DSCN0430.jpg

Well, maybe, maybe not......I looked more carefully at the entire fit and found some differences important to me.

The Husky definitely go further up the foot well for both the driver and passenger, but the side coverage is much less than the Weathertech. You can see in the photos the coverage of the Weathertech is far better next to the accelerator pedal and the Weathertech for the passenger liner is better on the sides too. So, I guess it just depends on where you want the good coverage. For me, since I have a choice about where to rest my sandy/snowy/muddy left foot, but not my similarly messed up right foot, I think I may stick with the Weathertech.

View attachment 1614347 View attachment 1614348

I did notice that when I installed the Huskies in my 200. Maybe it's just me though, but I don't rest my right foot on the side of the floorboard.

I get your argument and to each their own, but the dead pedal coverage of the Huskies makes them more practical for me.

Yup, it's a to each their own thing. When I'm in rough terrain (and often with very sandy boots), I definitely use the floorboard to steady my right foot. The Husky does not cover that area much at all. Oh well----no perfect liner!

Yup, it's a to each their own thing. When I'm in rough terrain (and often with very sandy boots), I definitely use the floorboard to steady my right foot. The Husky does not cover that area much at all. Oh well----no perfect liner!

Yep, a few extra minutes in CAD and a little more material would make both liners more than adequate IMO. I guess "good enough" is good enough for these two manufacturers.

Being that you have both liners (Husky and Weatertech) in front of you, what is your take on the material quality of each offering? I found the Husky Liners to be significantly more rigid and stout when compared to the Weathertechs. I didn't really inspect both side-by-side, but I would assume Husky uses either more rigid or thicker material (or both).

Either way, they're certainly both better than the OEM rubber floor mats. I think Toyota is gun shy when it comes to making a floor mat that could in any way interfere with the accelerator pedal - due to the bad publicity and lawsuits from the whole floor mat fiasco.

Yep, a few extra minutes in CAD and a little more material would make both liners more than adequate IMO. I guess "good enough" is good enough for these two manufacturers.

Being that you have both liners (Husky and Weatertech) in front of you, what is your take on the material quality of each offering? I found the Husky Liners to be significantly more rigid and stout when compared to the Weathertechs. I didn't really inspect both side-by-side, but I would assume Husky uses either more rigid or thicker material (or both).

Either way, they're certainly both better than the OEM rubber floor mats. I think Toyota is gun shy when it comes to making a floor mat that could in any way interfere with the accelerator pedal - due to the bad publicity and lawsuits from the whole floor mat fiasco.

Both are excellent quality from what I tell and are not going to wear out for very long time. The Weathertech seem heavier and more rigid. I don’t like the fact the sharp stipples on the underside of the Husky are everywhere, including places there is no carpeting, so those areas (like the door sills) will get scratched. The Weathertech are smooth underneath. The top surface of the Weathertech wears and looks old quickly. The holes on the Weathertech are the correct depth so the fastening knobs work easily. On the Husky, I had to use pliers because the liners were too thick. YMMV on that issue.

Last edited:
Nice solve! That is pretty slick...

@ckkone seems Husky has really stepped it up with their designs. I need to look into them as well.

do they not make this for 09lx? Can't seem to find it

Husky does not make a model specifically for the pre-2013 LC/LX; however, the 2013+ Huskies will fit. The floor hooks that snap into the floorboard carpet (on pre-2013 models) will not correspond to the holes in the Huskies. Simply remove the hooks and you're good to go. I was able to wedge some 7/8" block poly plugs in the holes and they look clean.

Check out some of the earlier posts in this thread.

can the factory hooks be reattached when I put the carpet mats back in during summer time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom